Eric Bristow wades in

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

Former darts world champion Eric Bristow has suggested football abuse victims are not "proper men" - and has been criticised on social media.

More than 20 ex-footballers have come forward with allegations of historical child sex abuse in the sport, and five police forces are investigating claims.

But Bristow, 59, questioned why they did not "sort out" their abusers "when they got older and fitter".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/38139647

Yes, why not take the law into your own hands, guys - get an axe or carving knife...go on, Eric said it is ok.

Just as well we don't have freely available guns in Britain, eh?

Original post

Member for

14 years

There is a lot to be said on this matter, but I think it will lead to the thread being swiftly deleted.

Member for

9 years 6 months

Why is anybody surprised that an old, fat, pub-dwelling cockney whose sole purpose in life is to throw pointy things at a round thing has archaic, non-progressive views? Why should anybody care? I'm sure I would find similar views held dearly if I kicked down the door of a croft on Lewis and interrogated the inhabitants. Why waste energy on trying to change the opinions of this steadfast corner of the population?

Member for

18 years 10 months

Yes, why not take the law into your own hands, guys - get an axe or carving knife...go on, Eric said it is ok.

Thought Lord Farage of Trumpton had suggested legalising hand guns?, that'll help sort out these matters in the new GREAT Britain......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10595087/Hand-guns-should-be-legalised-and-licensed-Nigel-Farage-has-said.html

Member for

12 years 11 months

Don't have to legalise them, they're illegally freely available - ask any criminal.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Which explains how John knows...

Member for

9 years 6 months

I've always had John down as the Luger under the mattress sort.

Member for

10 years 7 months

He used to be, until it got difficult storing the bodies there as well.

Now they are weighted down and dumped out over the Channel. Let those Frenchies worry about les stiffs...

Member for

12 years 11 months

9mm Browning.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Oh, a Belgian.

Member for

12 years 11 months

As well as a reliable short range weapon with excellent stopping power.

Member for

10 years 7 months

Stop digging when you can no longer see daylight, John.

Didn't stop Bristow, either. Bad publicity did that.

Member for

12 years 11 months

If I do, I'll never be as efficient as you.

Member for

13 years

They're very freely available round here. Just not legally available. Two bunches of kids were recently blatting away at each other outside my daughter's flat. A while back, my wife was working in the local theatre and and asked to be met after work because trouble was brewing. Sure enough, five people were shot that night, next day I saw bullet holes in a local restaurant opposite the theatre.

Neither event made the news though

Member for

10 years 7 months

For freely available you maybe should read legally available, the kind of availability where you, me, or even John Green could pick one up like we could were this America.

And the idea of living under the power of the gun? Look at all those TV programmes and films that we get in Britain imported from the US, where the story could never be replicated in Britain without a change in the law and the availability of firearms to allow the story to progress to its ultimate end.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Oh, a Belgian.

Could just be a fan of retro?

Moggy

Member for

17 years 5 months

I suppose the only pr*cks he had to deal with were through mishandling his darts.

Member for

17 years 5 months

As well as a reliable short range weapon with excellent stopping power.

Only if you throw it at them