Being hooked on British aviation is not cheap

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years 2 months

Been hooked on British aviation at least since I first saw the movie Battle of Britain in 1969 - hard to believe the movie lost movie considering all the crap that was being produced at that time and even now. Have tried to watch on YouTube everything on Spitfires both full size, plastic models, and RC models. Have a couple of RC models - may actually fly them one day. Would love to visit GB but if I am to buy one more airplane in my life(Cessna 150 or Cherokee 140) must save my money. The purchase airplane goal will cost $15000- 20000 so I find paying $10 a month for Aeroplane is counter productive. But I am hooked on the magazine and have tried to purchase it since 1978. Just like the photos, the writing and British special interest magazines in general. EAA magazine is only $40/ year, Flying about 16, Plane and Pilot about 18, and Model Airplane News about 12. Wish I could justify FlyPast each month too - life is full of choices.

Original post

Member for

12 years 11 months

jimwomble

Postage costs are expensive. I, from time to time, send to a friend in Spain, copies of various aviation magazines. If I send three at a time, the cost is just over £5 - about $6.50.

I'm sure plenty on this forum would be willing to send you their old copies if it wasn't for the expense of the postage.

Member for

8 years 2 months

Guess the thing to do is subscribe to the magazine at a savings of $40 per year.