Help needed

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

7 years 3 months

Hi all, I am getting hitched to my lovely English lady in Australia in Jan 2019. We are both lovers of vintage and ww2 and I would love to make up some RAF ww2 style folding chairs for our wedding. Link below
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/east-bristol-auctions/catalogue-id-sreas10117/lot-fda64015-1ad3-4a3e-ae83-a54101262d30
Is there anyone who has a chair or access to one who could measure it for me please and tell me the dimensions. I will be making them out of pine and painting them white. The Ikea ones look rubbish (closest we could find)

Cheers
Brenden

Original post

Member for

12 years 11 months

Brenden

You might like to look at garden or outdoor furniture. Almost identical folding chairs in wood, can be bought new, almost anywhere here in GB. I've got four, which are no longer used, to which you'd be welcome. I guess the freight to Oz would be excessive.

Member for

7 years 3 months

Yes it would be rather expensive. This is why it would be cheaper for me to buy the wood and make them myself.

Member for

7 years 3 months

Thanks TonyT, only problem is the Australian one is on the other side of the country! I was hoping that this would be an easy task to do, but has ended up being rather challenging which add's to the excitement.

Member for

7 years 3 months

If anyone can assist in the dimensions with the blue that would be awesome and next time I am in the UK I owe you an Ale or two.

Wooden-folding-chair-1

Member for

7 years 3 months

Cheers Geoff