Mercedes hearse in Malta.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Ignoring the tragic event which resulted in this thread, the assassination of journalist Daphne Galizia, I was impressed with the design of this Mercedes hearse which would appear to be a one off. Anyone know where this was built or have photos of similar specials?

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

Great design.

Considering the cost of custom work, I'd guess that it is one of a series of conversions. Even then it would be pricey.

Since regulations mandate that ambulances be truck-based, it would seem that hearses..and limousine conversions...are the last bastion of the custom coachwork trade.

The Mercedes Club magazine I receive occasionally has photos of such vehicles, but that's a new one to me. Still, I'm not in any hurry for a ride in it. However, a shooting brake version would be nice. The dog would love it.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Still, I'm not in any hurry for a ride in it. However, a shooting brake version would be nice. The dog would love it.

You don't have to be in the back seat to be an occupant!

Not casting any dispersions on the small island of Malta, I would have been surprised if this was a 'local' conversion.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Fascinating, more versions of it, this in Italy

http://i.imgur.com/Fz6yMF9.jpg

Member for

18 years 11 months

Of course!! Should have realised it was born in Italy. Italians just have the flair gene inbred in them.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Either that or they have more people die. Would make a nice camper conversion.