FINGERPRINT/PHOTO ID FOR ENTERING USA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 3 months

Hi
As persons from the UK (and others) now have to be Fingerprinted and Photo'd when entering the USA isn't only correct that any person from the USA also be inconvenianced and be fingerprinted and photographed when they come to the UK in the interest of security??? :diablo:

Original post

Member for

19 years 7 months

Fingerprints from all Amerikans who want to visit the EU?

YES, why not?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Just to Let you know,

We already have to be finger printed before we leave the US to go Over Seas

Crazymainer

Member for

24 years 2 months

Anyone here can log on to the US government site which details the rules with respect to entry into the US.

As far as what happens when you get off the aircraft? Well that will depend on your behavour and attitude, but those who act like a-holes usually have the most dificulty.

Sauron

Member for

21 years

It sucks, it's not right and I think most of us hate the thought of it (as well as the implications) but, under George W. Bush (and with terrorists having apparent free reign) that is the world we live in.

Only the people can change things, but most of us are just sittin' on our collective butts.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Maybe someone should go have a look and report on it for us...?

Flood

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey, I can go there without fingerprints. Ok, i have an e-readable passport :D

Member for

19 years 8 months

I will start off by apologising for a long post! :)
I know my mum is going to Chicago next week and she doesn't have a problem with it. As she said if that's the rules then abide by them. If you don't like it don't travel to the USA.
It will be interesting to see how much time is added on whilst photos and fingerprints are done.

It sucks, it's not right and I think most of us hate the thought of it (as well as the implications) but, under George W. Bush (and with terrorists having apparent free reign) that is the world we live in.

Unfortunately they are the rules now, and if you think about it the US Intelligence didn't have a clue about those responsible for 9/11 because they were already residing in the USA, and had kept their noses clean as they hadn't done anything like it before. If other attacks happen it will most likely be from within the USA, like 9/11. They are going to use unknown people (new recruits) so the chances are they will have the biometric passports, so all in all nothing has really been done to improve security.There is no way that airport security will ever be 100% secure.

Please don't think that I have any sympathy for those a...holes that carry out these kinds of attacks...9/11 was very close to me as I knew people that worked at the World Trade Centre, one was my boss whilst I was working over there...

I enjoy visiting America, and will do again in a few months time. The american people are very friendly, hospitable people and I loved working over there, so I for one will put up with having my photo and fingerprints taken. (however what are they going to do if you are allergic to ink?)

Apologies again for the long post!
Regards
Snaps

Member for

24 years 2 months

The only reservation that I have is my details being available on a government computer somewhere in the states !!!!

Member for

20 years 9 months

...if you think about it the US Intelligence didn't have a clue about those responsible for 9/11 because they were already residing in the USA, and had kept their noses clean as they hadn't done anything like it before...

Its not a job with great future prospects, is it.

By the way you can type asshole, arse hole, and Snapper on the forum, not a problem.;)

Flood

Member for

19 years 8 months

Ok I could type arse hole or asshole and I just have, but I can't type Snapper as we are not one and the same people! ;) (clue could be - one male one female!)

Snaps

Member for

21 years

Hi, Snaps-
I didn't mean to infer that it's a good thing. I'm not sure that it is- only that this is what the government has decided is the "best for the people" and until the people do something about it- they won't bother with changing it, or making it more realistic. Were stuck with it.

I'm glad you visit here often, were really not all monsters- well, unless you're French, then it just depends on how thick your accent is :p

Member for

20 years 9 months

...I can't type Snapper as we are not one and the same people! ;) (clue could be - one male one female!)

Snaps

Depends if you are hard and whether everyone fancies you - as he has insisted in recent threads...;)

Flood

Member for

19 years 8 months

Well flood, you could check out my details on the website I run with planejunky and then aknowledge that I'm definately female, and well if people apart from my hubbie fancy me well that's up to them! (but that's highly unlikely as i'm a plain jane in the looks department!), and being hard - well I did get kicked out of self defence classes for breaking the instructors hand!:)

Regards
Snaps aka Danni (aka Danielle, if you really want to wind me up, as I hate the name!)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Won't that restrict your movements over there? Sandals are illegal in at least 12 states.

And this comes from the man with the dress sense of co co the clown. ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

**** you can't type ****, oh what a ****

Member for

20 years 9 months

I spy a 'guess the rude words' poll coming up...;)

Flood

Member for

20 years 9 months

Ok...
Immigration for me was at the Cincinatti hub. A really hacked off officer demanded my passport, growled a request for me to look at the camera (which I couldn't identify - turned out to be a thing on a sort of probe), snarled for my index finger print (on a glass panel on the desk top - no cleaning between fingers), scowled as I explained why I was coming into the country, practically screamed when I told him that I had no criminal convictions (what the hell did he want? Thought he was going to explode when all I could come up with was a parking ticket some 14 years ago!), then literally threw my passport down to indicate that he had finished with me and beckoned the next poor sod over.
The next guy wanted to see my passport and boarding pass; he was happy, jolly, laughed that the weather was much better here than in Britain and wished me a good day and a fine holiday. A female security office directed me to the correct conveyor belt so that my suitcase went in the right direction with a cheery comment about mind-numbing flights.
My suitcase was not searched - that I was aware of - on the way out and only once on the way back (found a note that it had been searched). My hand luggage was x-rayed frequently but only hand searched once and my 70-210mm lens was individually x-rayed then (they had to be showing off - they could have looked through it to see it was a lens!).
I sailed through customs and all the other searches at both ends of my flights. It was the actual flying that was deadly dull and boring...

Flood

Member for

21 years

Well, you did have all those pictures to keep your mind occupied!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Or worry about!!!:eek:

Flood

Member for

21 years

:D