Fashion faux pas

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Wotcha :D

Alastair the Pyromaniac's "Winter" thread got me thinking about clothes and accessories I have sported in the past that now make me shudder...

Some that come to light are:

1) A pair of earmuffs in the design of a dog...the dog's head formed one muff, the dog's rear end the other...I thought I rocked in these...I was seven years old at the time... :cool: :o :D

2) A shellsuit at the height of their popularity...WHY were they so popular? And why on earth did I have to go one better than most people, and not have a normal coloured tracksuit in say black or navy? Why did I insist on having a bright electric pink one with bright purple stripes? Aaaaaaargh! The insanity of it! :D

3) A purple waistcoat when waistcoats became popular again sometime around 1993-1994...usually accompanied with a nice white grandad shirt, baggy jeans and Doc Martens...ok the Doc Martens rocked and still do, but the rest of the ensemble? :eek: :rolleyes: :p

So, tell me about your fashion disasters...photographic evidence actively encouraged :dev2: :D :diablo:

Becka

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

I owned two shellsuits. One was "written off" when my mum tried to iron it...

Worst fasion disaster was a pair of very expensive electric blue jeans - I thought they were cool, especially when worn with a bright yellow shirt. Wore the ensemble for an hour before the mickey-taking meant I went home to get changed...

Member for

20 years 7 months

A light-blue Nike (I think) shellsuit.

I had a purple shellsuit, too. This was traded for a book on Spitfires with my auntie (the silly mare probably still has it!). I think I got the better deal! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I never wore the shell suit bought for me one Christmas.

Never been into fashion, anyone who knows me would be able to vouch to that, however a certain forum member from the Croydon area is considered to be a fashion icon when it comes to the wearing of shorts.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Very predictable, Ian. You've saved me the trouble.

So you know this chap do you ?????

Member for

20 years 8 months

Lace up knee high boots, a real pain to lace :D

Hair Extensions in early 90s Burnt in with wax :eek:

A freddie Mercury style Yellow Leather Jacket :D are just a few that come to mind :D :D Anna :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

I found out as a child why shell suit shorts and long metal playground slides dont mix :eek: though I guess this sits somewhere between fashion faux pas and early nineties health and safety issue :diablo:

Member for

20 years 8 months

I found out as a child why shell suit shorts and long metal playground slides dont mix :eek: though I guess this sits somewhere between fashion faux pas and early nineties health and safety issue :diablo:

Oh, Dear :D :D Anna :D :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

[QUOTE=Ashley]Wotcha :D

Alastair the Pyromaniac's "Winter" thread got me thinking about clothes and accessories I have sported in the past that now make me shudder..

There is a fire juggler chappy at the East End of Princes St in Edinburgh occasionally , I would like to see him juggling those flaming things while wearing a shell suit ! , would be a "flaming laugh " :dev2:

Member for

20 years 7 months

Sonofa.....!!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Right, that's another one off my Crimbo card list...!

Member for

19 years 8 months

thanks Robbo, and Daz. that one's priceless :D
don't know about fassion but as a teenager i had my hair almost half way down my back, mum once bought me a pair of bright blue corduroy jeans (it took me about 10 mins to ruin them). the worst thig to ever happen to me as far as clothes are concerned is my old (and genuine) WW2 A2 jacket. bev decided that it was old and smelly so she put it on a fire in the back yard, now you see why me and her are no longer an item guys!!!!
Greg

Member for

20 years 8 months

I think that this rates pretty high in the top ten fashion mistakes of the last millenium:

I think Daz looks well cool XX Anna :D :D

Member for

20 years

Abingdon, May 2004

Attachments

Member for

20 years 7 months

Classy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Classy

Really, showing knicker line and with love handles, think not :D :D Anna :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

Oh yeah, knicker lines and love handles are a huge turn on! :p

Member for

20 years 8 months

Oh yeah, knicker lines and love handles are a huge turn on! :p

:eek: :eek: Anna :D :D Lean and means better :D :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

"I like big butts and I cannot lie..."

Member for

20 years 8 months

:D :D No :eek: They look awful in jeans :D :D Toned butts in jeans only, and Trinny agrees ;) Anna :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Kaftan

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! :eek:

Moggy (Well it was the 60s)