Banned From Forums.

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
I just wondered if anyone else has had the experience ? As far as I could tell I was never offensive and if I was I apologised as there was no malice other than offering personal opinions on a variety of subjects.

I never used offensive language unless SJW and Snowflake are deemed now more offensive than F*ck/Cu%t/Bast*rd etc. etc. I think that todays society seems to be more offended by general terms used as descriptions rather than swearing itself which I still think there is no need to use except when apropriate.

Thoughts please ?

Geoff.

Original post

Member for

18 years 11 months

How can you post if you are banned? :confused:

Member for

7 years 3 months

I have just checked your account and can confirm that you have not been banned.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Geoff,

What was it that made you think that you were banned ?

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
Not from this forum hence the heading Banned from forums, I was talking in general after being banned on another forum, not for being abusive but as far as I could tell for having a difference of opinion that a few including the moderators unfortunately do not agree with.

The use of the terms Snowflake and SJW when posting has always been of contention (Mainly because certain situations are made worse by individuals own agendas), on one occasion my being accused of being a far right winger for using the word indigenous :eek:

Yet when I posted a thread about the use of certain words and if those words make the user a whatever there was not a single reply. In my mind just because an individual uses certain words it does not make them affiliated to a certain group or a certain type of person it's just whoever using words to make comments. etc. etc.

To me it's peoples interpretation of words you use that cause trouble, if people bothered to ask what you meant instead of accusing you of being of a certain political leaning etc.etc.etc.
it would save a lot of hassle IMHO.

Geoff.

Member for

5 years 5 months

I have been barred from a thread on another aviation forum for over 6 months without knowing what I (supposedly) did to deserve (!) it. I have written to the moderators but have yet to receive a reply.

I get moderated regularly on the Daily Mail Online discussions.

Member for

5 years 5 months

But are you actually barred ?

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
Are we becoming a society in which soon anything we say will be taken offence at ? It seems that to me people that are termed as do-gooders either don not realise what they are doing or are very clever in promoting they're own whatever agenda on to others simply because they cannot win over the vast majority of people who just want to get on with they're lives.

When enabling certain words to be deemed abusive/offensive are we now just expanding beyond any original remit to halt offensive language and abuse to lack of common sense talking ?

Geoff.

Member for

5 years 5 months

Common sense, reason and logic used to serve us well, once upon a time. Nowadays it seems as if sense isn't too common, the reasons are often mystifying and the logic escapes us mere mortals

Member for

18 years 10 months

"Hi All,

Are we becoming a society in which soon anything we say will be taken offence at ? It seems that to me people that are termed as do-gooders either don not realise what they are doing or are very clever in promoting they're own whatever agenda on to others simply because they cannot win over the vast majority of people who just want to get on with they're lives.

When enabling certain words to be deemed abusive/offensive are we now just expanding beyond any original remit to halt offensive language and abuse to lack of common sense talking ?

Geoff."

The irony of judging and labelling people as do-gooders because you don't agree with them..... in a conversation about judging and labelling people......

It's not all that bad out there in reality, you need to get out more!

Member for

12 years 11 months

The late, great, Daily Telegraph correspondent Patrick Hutber, among others, correctly forecast the future corruption of language. He commented during the course of many articles written for his paper that 'better' would mean 'worse'. 'Improvement' would actually mean 'deterioration', 'to put in place' would mean 'doing nothing' or worse 'removal'.

Where he was remiss was in not forecasting how deep and profound these changes would be.

Member for

14 years

I was banned from our local newspaper forum a few years ago. They were very "Traveller" friendly, and you weren't allowed to criticize them, or refer to them as "Pikeys"
It has got to a ridiculous level nowadays. You only have to say boo to someone now, and they will claim you abused them.
There's a very good YouTube video entitled, "The age of emotional Incontinence", which is well worth a watch. Everything nowadays has to pitched at the level of a 5 yr old..

Member for

18 years 10 months

Great to see a continual "improvement" in your sources and reading matter there JG......

Member for

12 years 11 months

Thank you. You could do worse than copy me.

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
Agent K - You are quite correct about my labelling. Honestly though without causing to much of offence how would you describe people who have they're own agenda and insist the rest of society fall in line simply because they feel either they are being marginalised or just simply want to stir the pot ?

To my mind we should all just simply get on with life instead of insisting someone's state of mind is being offered as normal. We all make choices some good some bad and the bad choices we have to live with even if not many people agree with your opinion, not insist you are correct in thinking and then trying to enforce others to think the same way which seems to be prevalent in society and yes I am old fashioned nothing wrong with that is there ? (When using the term you I am talking in general and not personal ;))

As for getting out well your quite correct if you know the cure for agoraphobia please let us know.

Geoff.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Try getting out more.

Thats what my Doctor said then effed up my prescription for Heart pills. I can't even complain to him as he works a 3 1/2 day week and as I write is having a 2 week holiday in Abt Dubi. Bless

Member for

15 years 1 month

Hi all !

I have been banned from several sites many times.

I think it is overflooding...with ideas that are against the mainstream !

Recently I discovered how to travel in space cheaply and very fast. Thread was closed immediately.

I think it is very little new that people in the internet can absorb in a short time period. They like to read new things in a book at school...like Newton notissed that an apple fell from a tree...and such. As a follow on they like to read about the wormholes..if writer is a scientist and looks funny ( making funny faces ), but only in a book...not realtime.

rgds,

Juke

Member for

18 years 11 months

It was useful in the 'old' Forum' to note the number of posts that a poster had in order to form an opinion on the veracity or otherwise of the information provided!

Member for

15 years 1 month

Newforest can you provide an example ?