Banned From Forums.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

I really got lost and confused on Post 19 for example, oops , it was yours! The last two sentences really had me scratching for understanding, perhaps a senior moment or over imbibing.

Member for

15 years 1 month

So Newforest are you implying that if someone has posted several comments more than others..he has to be bull****ting everyone..or must be a retard ?

But are you actually barred ?

It appears so, as none of the comments I submit show up. They might have keyword recognition in place but my most recent comment didn't have any known blasphemous words if you know what I mean.

Member for

5 years 11 months

What's the world coming too!!!, next minute if you trip over a pavement and curse a few words, the pc brigade will be out threre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
The worst thing about being banned is there is no appeal process to go through from the parent host in this case Proboards there indication via there web page is it's basically for the individual forum creators and managers to monitor and police.

In my mind the people who set forums up should be bound by a code of conduct like they impose on they're forum members, which would include an independent look into members who feel they have been unfairly banned, in my case for speaking my mind and the last time using such an horrendous word SNOWFLAKE.....:stupid:

Geoff.

Member for

5 years 11 months

With what I have seen and heard about on other forums there tends to be from some quarters in the monitoring side, a childish manner in which if they see a thread about what they don't like they will delete or put a ban on a member. ( Yes if the member has been offensive or insulting then rightly so.) But to ban someone like in your case or anyone else's by using a word which is totally harmless, then they need to start to look at themselves a bit more. The idea of a forum is to be able to talk on most topics under the relevant headings, it comes across that some of these powers that be, lack the common sense or who are scared.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
CONCORDE - I absolutely agree I was labelled a Far Right winger for using the word Indigenous by the forums creator, I even put a thread asking if the members if the use of certain words define what sort of person you are No takers just crickets! It's pathetic how some forums are run allowing members to F and blind to they're hearts content but as soon as you mention something that is to PC for some to handle you are labelled a whatever and like they say (Sh*t Sticks To Blankets) just very,very sad IMHO.

I have always thought opinions are like noses everybody has one and all are different, if you don't agree then move on unless they are extremely provocative. I also think we are going down an extremely slippy slope that we will never climb back up as so often said shades of 1984..............:apologetic:

Geoff.

Member for

16 years 7 months

I got banned,well I applied to join the mil vehicles forum and was told I was a spammer and to go away!! All I wanted to do was point out the enormous amount of mil vehicle spares here in Thailand for willys jeeps etc.There loss!!

Member for

5 years 5 months

Further to #7 on this thread. I'm still banned and no way of finding why. Grrrrr!