SAP/"Black" project aircraft sightings in the UK!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

5 years 1 month

Hey all,

I decided to create a new thread about a sightings of unknown aircraft around the World. There are plenty of similar threads about UFOs but this time it's not about silent triangles which disappeares in a second or two, or flying discs... but this time it's about SAP/Black Projects sightings.

I'll paste here an examples of such sightings:

"Early 2000's.A good friend of mine Bill was staying on his boat south of Norwich.About 10pm he was watching F15's perform through his binoculars against a starry sky.A couple of tankers headed home as well.A bit later on hearing more F15's he saw two heading inland with a large, almost tanker sized plane behind them, no lights on it but clearly a triangular shape against the sky."

"in august 2003 over lowestoft I was watching some f15s dogfighting early evening and a second and third flight coming over later in the evening. Just after 11:00 there was a tanker and another large jet which I could not tell what it was, only 2 engines, come in over the coast and an hour later another tanker and with it was 2 f15s trailling on either side. There was a jet just trailling the tanker slightly in front on the f15s with no nav lights, strange shape to it, a distinctive sound which was hard to tell giving the number of jets up there. Shortly after a C5 came over all on the same flight path. It was a very clear night no moon. I travelled up to the hall and the heath the next day and there was a C5 at hall parked with its tail towards the sheds where the ospreys are based. I was talking to a gentleman at the fence and he made some comments that it was a strange night at lakenheath and that the C5 had been in there and then came over to the hall. Also that lakenheath had some strange activity the night before.. I went up the next night and a few spotters where there but no planes!"

Those who had any similar sightings, mind you share them on here?

Cheers!

Original post

Member for

6 years 2 months

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoD_Bo...luation_centre

With the end of the Cold War, the site was renamed the Aircraft and Armament Evaluation Establishment (AAEE) in 1992. All experimental work was moved to the Defence Research Agency (DRA). Responsibility for the site passed from the MoD Procurement Executive to the Defence Test and Evaluation Organisation (DTEO) in 1993.

During the this period, the station may have been involved in assisting the United States with its black projects. On 26 September 1994, after an aircraft crashed on landing due to a nosewheel collapse, the British Special Air Service (SAS) were scrambled to set up a perimeter around the airfield, while a USAF C5 Galaxy was redirected to the station. It is speculated that the crashed plane was an Aurora, a hypersonic spy plane.[20] Whatever it was, it was disassembled and returned to the US by the C5 Galaxy. Both the British and American Governments have refused to comment on the incident.

Member for

18 years 10 months

I do not want to stifle discussion, but there always seems to be a tendency to overlook the most 'obvious' solutions when topics like this are raised, especially when sightings are reported second or third-hand, and there is no easy way to trace the sightings back to the original witnesses.

Assuming the dates of the quoted sightings in post 1 are correct, then there seems to be little 'mystery' as to the likely aircraft types involved, as the F117 was in service 1988 - 2008, and the B2 Spirit has been in service since 1997, and the reported dates of the sightings tie in with those 'in service' dates.

While those aircraft types may still have been 'unknown' to the observer(s) quoted, knowledge of the existence and operation of both types was in the public domain, and I suspect most aviation enthusiasts would have recognised them, even against a dark background.

It is possible there was a third, as yet still secret, type involved, but it seems most likely to me that they were sightngs of B2s (or F117s). If memories of dates are a few years out, then the sightings might even have been SR71s, given they were viewed late in the evening against a dark background.

As for the Boscombe Down incident, it could have involved an F117 or a B2, or any other type carrying sensitive equipment or weapons. Or, it could simply have been a military security exercise. Again, another, as yet unconfirmed, aircraft type may have been involved, but it is hard to find reliable or first-hand accounts of the event on the internet.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong.

Member for

6 years 2 months

As for the Boscombe Down incident, it could have involved an F117 or a B2, or any other type carrying sensitive equipment or weapons. Or, it could simply have been a military security exercise. Again, another, as yet unconfirmed, aircraft type may have been involved, but it is hard to find reliable or first-hand accounts of the event on the internet.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong.

The F-117 was made public in 1988 and the B-2 made a public flight in 1989. There would have been no reason to hide the details of a crash of either of these two aircraft. There was a nosewheel collapse on landing. A C-5 was diverted from Rammstein AFB to collect it.

Member for

19 years 4 months

From my time at RAF Bentwaters I know that the F-117 visited the base well before its was publicly unveiled.
While I did not see it and was not involved with it or directly told of its existence, one learns things by keeping your ears open at the command post.

Member for

6 years 2 months

From my time at RAF Bentwaters I know that the F-117 visited the base well before its was publicly unveiled.
While I did not see it and was not involved with it or directly told of its existence, one learns things by keeping your ears open at the command post.

Yes, it was unveiled to the UK MoD in 1983.
Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
A quick question regarding J Boyle's post 5.

The alleged sighting of a UFO along with varying variations of what exactly happened that night at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge/Rendlesham Forest could this have been an F-117 that crashed ? In one of the incident reports by a key witness he states the craft was of a triangular design ? ? ? Would imagine it would be one hell of a cover story for the crash of a top secret aircraft that wasn't supposed to exist IMHO. Just a thought!

Geoff.

Member for

19 years 4 months

No, per wiki, the infamous Rendlesham Forest incident occurred in late 1980, and the F-117 did not fly for the first time until mid-1981...and I'm guessing any overseas deployments would have been a couple of years later than that.

More obviously, if that were the case, would a base officer make such an effort to report it? Unless your conspiracy guess is correct and that​​​​​​ was part of the deception...to draw people's thoughts away from the actual event? :)

I'm note sure if starting a media frenzy and quasi international incident to cover up another event that would have been a media frenzy and quasi international incident makes much sense... At any rate, it doesn't seem like anything the Air Force would do. I'm all other instances of secret things potentially being revealed, the standard response was to politely defer comment on it.
If it was a cover story, perhaps it was suggested by the MOD, because they certainly would have had input in the situation?
:)

Rather memorably, part of my job was to answer the letters concerning the alleged UFO sighting. If there is karma, I must have been a very bad boy in a past life to warrant such punishment!

I wish I would have copied my files on it. They made amusing reading

Member for

19 years 4 months

Yes, it was unveiled to the UK MoD in 1983.

1983 was fairly early in the program...did one actually fly in the UK?
I Could certainly believe a classified briefing and/or a demonstration in Nevada, but a flight in the UK that early would surprise me.
I suppose the answer could be in Ben Rich's book, but although it's in my library, I've never gotten around to read it.

Member for

6 years 2 months

Classified briefing.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 1 month

Hi All,
J Boyle - I was really grasping at straws as a suggestion, I just thought that being as all service members that got involved would have been sworn total secrecy, and with a much more severe punishment at hand as the aircraft at the time and all associated stealth work would surely had been on a NTKn basis ?

Coming from a testing point of view imagine this scenario below.

F-117 takes off to see how far it can fly and how good the stealth characteristics are in a real time environment, flying undetected through friendly countries only to encounter a severe technical difficulty, the aircraft has to make an emergency landing.

Where better than a UK/USAF base more or less in the middle of nowhere ? Only when on approach or in a landing pattern or whatever it comes a cropper and smashes into Rendlesham forest ? First thing that would go into operation is a cover up like you stated yes ? Takes the focus off what really happened and allows to quietly extract and disappear the aircraft ?

Another possibility to consider is that the official first flight in books would not be denied by anybody if in fact such an accident had happened to an above top secret aircraft that was not meant to known about like you suggest. I mean how many times have facts and figures been altered for whatever military over the years only to be altered again years later ?

Anyway I do prefer the mystery around the Rendlesham forest incident (Still have yet to read Georgina Bruni's You Cant Tell The people) and really like to think that it involved an extra-terrestrial craft that had landed, much better than a load of blokes keeping a lid on a secret aircraft IMHO.......;)

Geoff.