Video Games

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Do we have any big video game nuts in here? I've been playing video games ever since I can remember, and I'm 22 now so that's a fairly long time for a young'un like myself.

I owend a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, and more recently a GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Nintendo DS. I still play the latter three quite frequently.

With the Xbox 360 out now, and the PlayStation 3, and Nintendo Wii about to be launched this November, gaming is going through yet another evolution where the experience will be more real than ever before. PS3 and Xbox 360 are going for the all-out graphical prowess while the Nintendo Wii is offering a different take on gaming, but one that engrosses the gamer like never before with a wireless free-hand style controller that has motion sensing capabilities installed.

Personally I'm excited to see what games will continue to come out for the consoles I own now as well as the next one that I buy (the Nintendo Wii most likely).

Does anyone else here have an affinity for video games? What types of consoles and handhelds do you own, and what games do you like?

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Does anyone else here have an affinity for video games? What types of consoles and handhelds do you own, and what games do you like?

Hell yes! :D

I've owned in the past a NES, PSOne (both versions) and the PS2. I have more of an affection for the PS, since it has reverse compatibility that the others don't (although the X360 does now). I also have an XBox, although only a couple of games for it.

I'm really looking forward to the PS3, although I'll wait until the price comes down a tad before shelling out for one. According to an article in the paper today (OK, it was the Star!!) Sony plan to wipe the floor with the XBox since the PS3 is way more powerful, and the graphics are said to be realistic as hell!

Game-wise, I like allsorts, as evidenced by my extensive pile! I love the GTA games and some of the flight-sims that have come out more recently (Secret Weapons over Normandy, Heroes of the Pacific, Blazing Angels (XBox)), and the Medal of Honor series (I have four of them!). I really can't think of all the games I have, but I don't quite have more games than a teenage Asian kid!! :D

Member for

18 years 8 months

OOOOOh i'm feeling old now just working out ive played video games for some twentyblaaa years now the first was a machine colour vision i think that had pong on and a few other bat and ball games.Then we went to computers vic20,64 and Amiga's god how i miss those flight sims.....

Member for

18 years 2 months

we had the original 'atari' console in the 70's, zx81, zx spectrum, etc. etc. just wish i could find time to get on the PS2!!! bloody photography, lol!!!!

Member for

20 years 6 months

Been 20+ years for me...

Had an Atari 2600 (looking for another, mine got lost during the last move, still have about 50 games for it.) NES, N64 and (2)XBOXs. I still have my MicroVision, with 4 or 5 games. Love the Xbox, and mostly play Ghost Recon/ Rainbow Six/Doom on Live. Don't care for Halo2 (suck at it, just ask SOC. heh), but have more games for the Xbox than I can recall right now, 2 of a few of them, so my oldest son and I can play on seperate consoles. Drives my lovely wife nuts, tho. I play the N64 every now and then just for the fun of it, and our youngest love DK64 and Mario Cart. I still like Rainbow Six on the N64, for some odd reason.

Member for

18 years 2 months

anyone remember playing the original tabletop 'pacman' and 'space invaders' in pubs????