Down memory lane

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 5 months

Found these tickets the other day while turfing some books out. Thought the younger sprogs among you might like to be amazed at the ticket prices we paid 'back in the day', and particularly the car and occupants deals. It has to be said that facilities at some of these shows could be a trifle basic - IIRC, at the PFA Sywell show the gents urinals were constructed of waist high bin-liner material stretched around 2x2 wooden posts. It was no surprise that they blew down later in the day.
(Moderators - if you feel that I'm breaching any design copyright on the tickets by showing these images, please do what you must).

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

The best value of all, airshow-wise, was Mildenhall.

You can't get much cheaper than free, can you? And oh, the burgers! :)

(Regarding the copyright issue, we'll let you know if anyone complains.)

Member for

17 years 10 months

Well remember the Greenham Common display.It's where i saw my first Mustang the beautifull I-BILL, sadly lost soon after.
The show itself was awsome to an Air obsessed 15 year old.
Happy times.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Wow, these bring back some memories and especially as someone reminded us - the burgers at the US shows. We used to go to Mildenhall and Alconbury - fantastic. Mind you £2.50 then is probably £30.00 now.......:(

Member for

18 years 5 months

Well remember the Greenham Common display.It's where i saw my first Mustang the beautifull I-BILL, sadly lost soon after.
The show itself was awsome to an Air obsessed 15 year old.
Happy times.

And here is OHB's P-51 at Greenham during that very display.

Member for

16 years 4 months

I was at all those shows!

As for the Car plus occupants, we got 7 in a Vauxhall when getting into Woodford once.

Member for

19 years 11 months

I was at all those shows!

As for the Car plus occupants, we got 7 in a Vauxhall when getting into Woodford once.

9 of us got into the Church Fenton air show free of charge once. (Now that was a nice little display - always something out of the ordinary.)

We were all big lads with short hair, in a dark grey/blue minibus.

The ATC lass on the gate must have assumed we were military and waved us straight into the Visitors car park. :D

Member for

18 years 8 months

In 1980 British Airways 747 suprised me........
i miss church fenton,not only because its 10 miles from me...lol