Jonathon Ross quits BBC

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 11 months

Goodbye Rossy see you on another channel

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2010/01/07/presenter_jonathan_ross_quits_bbc

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thank heavens for that.

As long as the replacement for his Saturday morning radio show doesn't consist of one of the Beebs seemingly inexhaustible supply of self-consciously gay or transvestite presenters it can only be an improvement.

Moggy

Member for

15 years 1 month

Yes,good widdance to him.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I'll miss his Friday night chat-show and Film 2009; I wasn't quite so keen on his Radio 2 show but I've heard a lot worse.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Best news I've heard to day! There are few broadcasters who are repellent and he is one.:D

Member for

18 years 10 months

Hope he takes that other pwick with him - Wussell Bwand.:cool:

Member for

20 years 8 months

Goodbye to the podgy, talentless, ****-kissing floppy haired gimp!

Member for

16 years 11 months

do you think he quit or was politely asked to leave? :diablo:

Member for

20 years

Does this mean that I won't be forced to contribute towards his over-inflated salary in the future?

Oh, the humanity! :(

Member for

18 years 10 months

............................ doesn't consist of one of the Beebs seemingly inexhaustible supply of self-consciously gay or transvestite presenters it can only be an improvement.

Moggy

.............er...........Graham Norton!!...............:D

Member for

20 years 8 months

do you think he quit or was politely asked to leave? :diablo:

I neither know or care! :D

Member for

16 years 8 months

maybe now we can have a "talk show" with a presenter who has the stones to ask a real question like "So, did you write the book/play/film script to tell an important story etc" rather than "I love your book/play/film its brilliant" or to cruel, "I wuv your book/play/film its bwilliant"

What a wabble the BBC can be...

Member for

14 years 6 months

maybe now we can have a "talk show" with a presenter who has the stones to ask a real question like "So, did you write the book/play/film script to tell an important story etc" rather than "I love your book/play/film its brilliant" or to cruel, "I wuv your book/play/film its bwilliant"

What a wabble the BBC can be...

The problem is that intelligent questions are not a part of the chat-show format. Chat shows are for publicising the guest and their latest work and puffing the presenter and their egos. Let ITV and the rest do "chat" and the BBC do some interesting talk.

Member for

18 years 8 months

As much as people are quick to slag the guy off (and in a way I can understand why), he's one of a seemingly small number of broadcasters who says what he thinks and doesn't really give a toss about it, which is something frankly I'd like to see more of!

Paul

Member for

17 years 6 months

Blimey! I didn’t know he was so unpopular.....who do you lot actually like as a chat-show host?

...maybe now we can have a "talk show" with a presenter who has the stones to ask a real question like "So, did you write the book/play/film script to tell an important story etc" rather than "I love your book/play/film its brilliant"...

With regard to asking real questions I believe that most ‘A-list’ celebrities insist on full editorial-control of all chat-shows, magazine interviews and photo-shoots these days...

...so the only things the celebrities get asked is what they are prepared to answer.

Member for

14 years 6 months

As much as people are quick to slag the guy off (and in a way I can understand why), he's one of a seemingly small number of broadcasters who says what he thinks and doesn't really give a toss about it, which is something frankly I'd like to see more of!

Paul

I do agree agree with your last sentiment but I think it has something to do with the way it is done. For example I cannot rationalise why Ross' outspokenness repels me whereas Clarkson's does not.

Member for

16 years 8 months

The problem is that intelligent questions are not a part of the chat-show format. Chat shows are for publicising the guest and their latest work and puffing the presenter and their egos. Let ITV and the rest do "chat" and the BBC do some interesting talk.

Michael Parkinson, a true legend and even Terry Wogan in his old BBC show I recall could challenge a guest, I remember him tearing into David Icke, ok, easily done...

Mind you, Mr Icke makes a tidy living by all accounts on his lecture tour about the alien invasion.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Michael Parkinson, a true legend and even Terry Wogan in his old BBC show I recall could challenge a guest, I remember him tearing into David Icke, ok, easily done...

Mind you, Mr Icke makes a tidy living by all accounts on his lecture tour about the alien invasion.

Sorry, but I don't think I would include either of them as participating in an intelligent talk show. They chatted amiably and amusingly enough, no doubt, to the mutual benefit of them, their guests and the audience.

I believe he does - perhaps a double-act with Uri Geller......

Member for

18 years 8 months

For example I cannot rationalise why Ross' outspokenness repels me whereas Clarkson's does not.

They're two very different characters. Ross is brash, quick witted and quite intense at times whereas Clarkson has a much slower and possibly more thoughtful style of getting his point across. He's almost sedate in comparison to Ross although they both have their positive and negative sides, and of course, interpreting those is very personal.

Paul

Member for

16 years 5 months

A major loss to the BBC and a major gain for whoever he's been talking to.
The hate campaign ("Let's Dial in to see what happens") should have been ignored and dismissed by the BBC but it hurt Ross. The 4 genuine compaints should have been dealt with.
Ross is humourous, intelligent, quick witted. All 3 of his Beeb shows are a hit. All 3 of his shows are of a different style (Radio, Chat show and Film critic) which shows his diversity.
No doubt he will still be our TV as I don't believe he is quitting Britain.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry, but I don't think I would include either of them as participating in an intelligent talk show.

I'm with you.

Clive Anderson is about as good as it gets in this field.

Moggy