A proper use for Veggie food!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 5 months

Presently I'm cut off, the shops have no milk or bread, or veg. or meat. Luckily we have a chest freezer full of stuff.
Anyway, I made a coffee using Soya milk. It became only the 3rd substance I've spat out of my mouth.

But, I made some Birds-eye veggie burgers. On their own they tasted pretty nice, but I used them as a base for a 6 ounce Rib-eye steak (3 mins a side - nice and rare!). It was one of the best of En-crout (Sort of) I've ever had!

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

I used to like bubble and squeak as child.. but i don't think i've had it since i left home

Member for

15 years 4 months

I used to have a veggie lady friend , she used to make dishes from that Soya cube stuff that looked like beef cubes
After seeing those underpants that the 'panty bomber' wore it sort of reminded me of those days !:)

Member for

18 years 10 months

It became only the 3rd substance I've spat out of my mouth.

Not really sure I want to know..............what was...........no - forget it!!!:eek:

Member for

19 years 3 months

Not really sure I want to know..............what was...........no - forget it!!!:eek:

You Sir....have a fine sense of humour! A bit too like mine!!!

Member for

18 years 6 months

It became only the 3rd substance I've spat out of my mouth.

I not quite sure what Spitfireman and Rocketeer are getting at - I'm probably too innocent - but I reckon the first two were (a) Marmite (b) Boddingtons.
Anywhere close ?

May I recommend the "SAS Survival Guide" by John "Lofty" Wiseman. You will find that there are many edible things in your house that you didn't know about in case you're cut off for a few weeks.
According to the book, page 118 - 119 you can eat termites, bees, wasps and hornets...
Boiling or roasting improves flavor....
Available from Amazon
:D:D:D:diablo::diablo:

Member for

19 years 2 months

you can eat termites, bees, wasps and hornets...
Boiling or roasting improves flavor....
Available from Amazon
:D:D:D:diablo::diablo:

Didnt know amazon sold insects !*!?? :D

Didnt know amazon sold insects !*!?? :D

You can get anything on Amazon these days!

Member for

16 years 5 months

Petrol, and some weird nut that was sprinkled on a Salad in Mexico. It tasted like Argentinian Pipe tobacco with a twist of Yak poo in it.

Member for

16 years 5 months

I not quite sure what Spitfireman and Rocketeer are getting at - I'm probably too innocent - but I reckon the first two were (a) Marmite (b) Boddingtons.
Anywhere close ?

Nowhere near. I ADORE Marmite, it's even nice on Weetabix as a biscuity snack. Also good on Pringles. Limited edition Marmite made from the spols of Guinness was fantastic. The Champagne one however was an epic fail.

Boddies is superb, or it was when it was at Strangeways brewery.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Quorn is the best vegetarian products. Nothing bad with it, I use a quorn product every night with vegetables. If not then, pasta or vegetable curry or other Indian vegetarian products :D

Member for

18 years 8 months

I ADORE Marmite, it's even nice on Weetabix as a biscuity snack. Also good on Pringles.

Quite weird really, aren't you? :p

Paul

Member for

16 years 5 months

Quorn is the best vegetarian products. Nothing bad with it, I use a quorn product every night with vegetables. If not then, pasta or vegetable curry or other Indian vegetarian products :D

Quorn tastes like blank paper. It's as much use as a blokes nipple.
You may as well cut out the middle man and throw it straight down the bog.
However, I can understand how veggies need to be reminded that meat is the correct food for the human race. But, toleration of all tastes is quite perfik.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Quite weird really, aren't you? :p

Paul

Try it or you'll never know.

Marmalade and cheese sarnies for supper tonight. Fantastic.

Member for

20 years

Try it or you'll never know.

Marmalade and cheese sarnies for supper tonight. Fantastic.

Heathen!

Wensleydale cheese and blackcurrant jam on home-made bread is a supper fit for a king.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Heathen!

Wensleydale cheese and blackcurrant jam on home-made bread is a supper fit for a king.

I guess we can omit you and old shape from the organ donor registry then :rolleyes:

Member for

15 years 2 months

Where can you buy compo rations?

Those hard tack biscuits with tinned cheese and Jam, GP, Red are really yummy.
Do they do a veggie Quorn option for bully-beef?:D

Member for

20 years

I guess we can omit you and old shape from the organ donor registry then :rolleyes:

You can if you like.

I'll keep on carrying my donor card though. ;)

Member for

18 years 8 months

I'd rather go for the chicken tikka masala option in all truth! Works perfectly after several bottles of Tyskie. :D

Paul

Member for

20 years 11 months

Quorn tastes like blank paper. It's as much use as a blokes nipple.
You may as well cut out the middle man and throw it straight down the bog.
However, I can understand how veggies need to be reminded that meat is the correct food for the human race. But, toleration of all tastes is quite perfik.

What a fantastic assesment of Quorn. :D