Friendly Foes Over The Falls Airshow, Canada

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 8 months

Just a heads up for everyone .
Yesterday I rec'd an email from the Russell Group stating that this years airshow has been cancelled. As with many airshows and events , the economy has affected attendance , operating costs which has forced many organizers to re-look at how the events are operated.
The decision was not an easy one for them to make and they did this with much reluctance.
However , they plan to regroup and aim at reviving the show for 2011.
Friendly Foes over the Falls is one of the better Airshows that takes place in Canada and one of the few that is Prop aircraft only.
As all of us who have been involved in this show know first hand that Ed and Fran have been wonderfull hosts over the years and have been very generous in that this show is financed thru their own pockets.
I for one hope that the show comes back even better in 2011 and have offered to assit them in any way I can.

Fleet16b

Original post

Member for

17 years 8 months

Cam I hope a certain airplane hitting a pole has nothing to do with this cancellation? cheers DB

Member for

17 years 8 months

That has nothing to do with the reason for cancellation.
With the current economy etc the cost/profit ratio showed that it was not a viable to have a show this year.
However, the Russell Group is determined to re-group and resume the show in 2011.