Call to Cockpit Owners!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 10 months

Hello,

Is there anyone in the cockpit owning fraternity that could offer or suggest an interesting cockpit that they would allow public access to? The idea being that it could be transported and placed in an exhibition tent and the public allowed supervised access via steps. My contact is looking to rent/hire such an item if it might be available. Open to suggestion on the actual type but some sort of historic jet would be cerytainly be of interest?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Original post

Member for

14 years 10 months

maybe some H n (nanny state) S issues with your contacts wants, going by some threads at the moment..... personally I'm more worried about getting squashed by 1+ tonnes of metal on the way to any event tbh!

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97884

Member for

19 years 3 months

Steve, more info on where and preferred type may help.

The H&S situation is not that bad.

Member for

20 years 10 months

The event is in the Midlands, middle of July - there is no particular type requirement as long as access to it is possible (ie; the public will be allowed supervised entry to sit in the cockpit - for educational purposes) - any historical type would be good, but presuming its going to be something jet powered from the 50's or 60's. Thanks again.

Member for

15 years 11 months

canberra

hi in my experance the canberra is one of the best suited, i have canberra b2 wj676 and also vampire t11 xd602, both of which are travelling exhibits i do about 20/30 a year asa well as the auster www.austertj398.co.uk , the canberra is easy to get in and out of and will take 4 at a time and easy to manage, the vampire is more of a pain as you need ladders to gain access and the ols h/safety comes in

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hello,

Is there anyone in the cockpit owning fraternity that could offer or suggest an interesting cockpit that they would allow public access to? The idea being that it could be transported and placed in an exhibition tent and the public allowed supervised access via steps. My contact is looking to rent/hire such an item if it might be available. Open to suggestion on the actual type but some sort of historic jet would be cerytainly be of interest?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Mark, Aeroventure at Doncaster has a number of cockpits used for shows etc which the public can sit in- these include a Falklands veteran Scout cockpit converted for wheelchair access- see here www.aeroventure.org.

best of luck- Rad.