Q6

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Just as a matter of interest does anyone have up to date info on how the rebuild of what, to the best of my knowledge, is the only existing Q6 is progressing?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

And what exactly is a Q6?

Member for

17 years 7 months

Guess it's a Percival Q6 - or?

Member for

18 years 11 months

Of course it is, Historic Mod hang your head!:D

Member for

16 years 7 months

At least he didn't think that it was the second series of the Spike Milligan television comedy programme!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Of course it is, Historic Mod hang your head!:D

My thought entirely..........but then I looked a bit more carefully and noted that the Mighty Moderator Peter claimed Canada as home base. Q6s were not exactly "ten a penny" in those parts...........!!!

Planemike

Member for

16 years 7 months

At least he didn't think that it was the second series of the Spike Milligan television comedy programme!

LOL excellent!

I'm surprised he didn't know what a Q6 was, ten a penny or not (I've never seen one in the flesh), beautiful aeroplane, I think someone on here has one as their avatar.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/pagen/8420872.jpg

Coutesy of Panoramio

Member for

18 years 11 months

LOL excellent!

I'm surprised he didn't know what a Q6 was, ten a penny or not (I've never seen one in the flesh), beautiful aeroplane, I think someone on here has one as their avatar.

Saw 'FFD at Thruxton (a long time ago):D

'eye4wings' is the avatar owner, hope he has some good news for us!:)

Member for

16 years 3 months

pagen01.....

Love that photo..............!!! Beautiful aircraft it certainly is!! Only managed to see G-AFFD, the one that is being restored and the languishing remains of G-AHOM at Thruxton in 1962.........

We still don't seem to have an update on progress with FFD. Will be a "red letter" day for me when I get to see it fly. Over 60 years since it last flew....

Planemike

Member for

19 years 9 months

Q6

Perhaps it's the North Eastern Railway's Q6 0-8-0 designed by Raven, shown here in LNER livery. Not the prettiest I'll admit but a long lived class and 1 working example is preserved on the North York Moors Railway.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 7 months

Q6

She is progressing well in the care of Rex Ford licensed engineer. He is also keeping a close eye on our progress and signing of assemblies as they are completed. There is a lot of work still to be done with the Q6 including re doing parts which was supposedly rebuilt to flight standard previously. With the Q6 and our two Proctors that's three Percival classics that will be gracing eastern skies in the (we hope) not to distant future! Off next Wednesday to Derby to discuss engine rebuilds also off loading two U/C oleo assemblies and tail wheel for overhaul, things are moving at a pace where we will soon see the Mk 3 soon back on her feet!