VC10's at Brunty

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

Two were spotted with wheels dangling.

Original post

Member for

18 years 11 months

East Midlands Today just showed one of the presenters in the door of one, presumably at Bruntingthorpe unless there's old busses stored on the pans at Brize as well!

Member for

14 years 6 months

They sure have arrived I was having a look in the cockpit of XV109 about four hours ago.:D

Member for

16 years 8 months

It feels so srange to hear of these VC-10s landing for the last time, I currently watch them at work leaving from their majors, all pristine and ready for another few years. In fact XR807 was here recently for minor work.
Unfortunately the majors end in December of this year, meaning a 350+ jobs will go at St Athan, the minors are chalked in for another three or so years.

Member for

24 years 3 months

If there was any sense in the world the RAF would be operating A330 tankers already and utilizing an existing workforce rather than PFI .

Member for

24 years 3 months

There was obviously a bit of a cross wind component there today!

Member for

14 years

Good film, Thanks for posting it. Sad to see these two making their last flight though but it's good to know they will get preserved. (Assuming that's whats happening to them). I'll have to get down to Brunty to have a look at them. besides I got promised a guided tour of the Guppy that I'm keen to take up.

Regards.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Sad to see these two making their last flight though but it's good to know they will get preserved. (Assuming that's whats happening to them).

Errrrrr.....

Member for

16 years 8 months

Anyone know who is 'processing' them?
There is a part I'm after that I can't even get from work!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Anyone know who is 'processing' them?
There is a part I'm after that I can't even get from work!

Don't worry, it'll be in the supply system by the end of 2013...

...oh, errrrr, wait a minute... I see your point!:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

it's good to know they will get preserved. (Assuming that's whats happening to them).

No such luck. Spares recovery and then pots and pans :(

Member for

24 years 3 months

I would imagine they will be quickly stripped of spares...

Member for

14 years

OUCH. poor old things. is someone saving the cockpits then?. would be a shame if they get scrapped too.

Regards.

Greg

Member for

14 years 2 months

beginning of the end for another lovely old piece of our aviation heritage. Been a bad few weeks really... :(

Member for

19 years

Good film, Thanks for posting it. Sad to see these two making their last flight though but it's good to know they will get preserved. (Assuming that's whats happening to them). I'll have to get down to Brunty to have a look at them. besides I got promised a guided tour of the Guppy that I'm keen to take up.

Regards.

Aer you sure its there last flight??? At Brunters you can never be too sure!!:D

Member for

14 years

VC10to the sky fund time?....... :diablo:;)

Regards.

Member for

14 years 10 months

According to the guy's at Bruntingthorpe I spoke to today they are definately being broken up for spares and scrap. One of future arrivals may be preserved.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Any chance the remaining fuel could be donated to the ground taxiiable jets?

Member for

18 years 2 months

With the state of UK plc’s finances no doubt every last drop of fuel will be drained to keep the RAF operational! :rolleyes:

Whilst on finances has anyone heard whispers of what the VC10s, or for that matter the Nimrods that are going into preservation are fetching?