Crew Rooms

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi guys, another muse, those of you actively involved in aircraft preservation, what do you do for a crew room?

We have a tiny cabin and are now thinking about upgrading to a larger portakabin. That said I had a thought about using a static caravan/mobile home (they're about the same price)

Lounge for crew room then rip out the beds and have a couple of decent workshops?

thoughts? and what do you all do (if you are lucky enough to have a hangar, buzz off! :diablo: )

Original post

Member for

14 years 11 months

Go to your local mobile home or caravan site, and ask if they have any old ones for sale to be taken off site. I used to keep my plant gang happy that way very cheaply.

Member for

14 years 2 months

And if you do make sure it's got decent wheels and chassis for god's sake

Member for

20 years 7 months

Go to your local mobile home or caravan site, and ask if they have any old ones for sale to be taken off site. I used to keep my plant gang happy that way very cheaply.

This is exactly what we do, we are in the process of obtaining a 30ft mobile home for the cost of delivery only, its dry, good chassis, only required wheels and a replacement tow bar, which were easy to find.

Member for

16 years 11 months

ah so mobile home is obviously the way forward then? seem to get a lot more for your money than a portakabin!

Ill see what I can find :) Just need somewhere a bit bigger than where we have to escape the bitter cold of coventry airport :diablo: