Spitfire drawing request

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 9 months

Has anyone got a copy of Spitfire drawing number 30064 SHT 13? Also of interest would be drawings 30064-125 and 30064-127. None of these are listed at the RAF Museum.

Original post

Member for

17 years 11 months

Well I,ve got nothing :(
A later Mark might have something similar in regards to the equipment you are after.

Member for

19 years

I would have a word with Supermarine Aero Engineering at Stoke on Trent tel 01782811344 or via the web site at www.supermarine.net .I think that if the drawing exists then they will have it.

Hope this helps

Ken

Member for

20 years 9 months

Are there any significant Spitfire drawings that exist outside of the RAFM collection?

Member for

17 years 5 months

I have a cd full of em

Member for

20 years 9 months

I have a cd full of em
You mean ones that are NOT at RAFM? Most interesting if so.

Member for

16 years 7 months

The CDs in common circulation have about 3500 drawings. In total I would estimate there would have been nearer 20000 for the Spitfire. I have heard there may be a lot more at Hendon that have not been catalogued.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Are there any significant Spitfire drawings that exist outside of the RAFM collection?

Yes.

Member for

17 years 5 months

The CDs in common circulation have about 3500 drawings. In total I would estimate there would have been nearer 20000 for the Spitfire. I have heard there may be a lot more at Hendon that have not been catalogued.

Nope its not the ones you are thinking off from NZ...not making it readily available, sorry. If there is anything specific as in description I will look see what I have.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Nope its not the ones you are thinking off from NZ...

This is more Engineering drawings and before anyone asks, not making it readily available, sorry. If there is anything specific as in description I will look see what I have. RAFM may have them, do not know.

Hi all, is it one of the cd's from spitfire restorations web site ? Would be intresting to see what is on it! especially as we are short of a few !!

Steve

Member for

17 years 11 months

Actually the original set of 3500 came from here...
http://warbirdsrestoration.com/spitfire-technical-drawings/
Hendon is the original source but as they are unarchived a shovel will come in handy,or a looong amount of time trawling through them.
Blast beat me too it Mackerel....
Because it is the other side of the world to go looking ourselves we decided to fill in the missing pieces with 3D designing off the GA drawings for parts.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 5 months

Has anyone got a copy of Spitfire drawing number 30064 SHT 13? Also of interest would be drawings 30064-125 and 30064-127. None of these are listed at the RAF Museum.

Hi Fieldhawk ,i recon these part numbers relate to some sort of latch !!

Steve

Member for

14 years 9 months

Hi Fieldhawk ,i recon these part numbers relate to some sort of latch !!

Steve

Hi Mackerel,
That sounds feasable. Any idea where / what?

Member for

16 years 5 months

Hi Mackerel,
That sounds feasable. Any idea where / what?

Hi Fieldhawk, I should say something like flare shute door lock on a MK1 spitfire, but i'm only guessing !!

Steve,

Member for

17 years 11 months

That rings a bell.Wasn,t there a couple threads over that one?

Member for

19 years 6 months

What's the crack with obtaining drawings from the Hendon archive? Do you pay a researcher to trawl through them or do you get to do it yourself?

Member for

14 years

What's the crack with obtaining drawings from the Hendon archive? Do you pay a researcher to trawl through them or do you get to do it yourself?

I've wondered about that too.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Either way -depending on how much time and money you have. I visit regularly - PM me if you are looking for something specific.