Storage needed in North East England

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years

I have been offered the opportunity to acquire an aircraft project for use in a future museum project, unfortunately I have no-where to keep it as my current storage is too small. This is a request for a storage/restoration area..

I am looking for a covered building which is able to hold an aircraft and its associated equipment with a useable space of approximately 10m x 5m. An agricultural building or industrial unit would be ideal if traditional hangarage is not available. Location would have to be in the North East of England, in either Cleveland, Co. Durham, Tyne and Wear or Northumberland. (I am based in Tyne and Wear).

I would be looking for a 1-2 year lease, as cheap as possible – we are a charitable operation, with the possiblility of extending the lease should the proposed museum hit unexpected delays.

Securing the aircraft would greatly enhance our chances of securing additional funding for the museum development, as its type played a pivotal role in northern aviation. I cannot state exactly which aircraft or type in a public area such as this until the deal is complete.

If you are able to help, please contact me via private message or a reply to this thread.

Kindest regards,

John

Original post