Raid spotters note book 3 ,not aircraft?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

A list of odd names, dont think these are aircraft? :confused: He lived next to a barracks in Colchester 44, so could be vehicles?...Possible Nautical theme? Definitly an "American" theme to other notes he has written, including a list of 30 American Indian tribes, some iv'e never heard of. Also a list of American money values and their British equivalents. Posted in case they ring any bells- BARRACUDA, WATER WITCH, BUCCANEER, SIOUX, OCTOPUS, SEA HAWK, BOUNTY, HULA-HULA, HAWAII, TANTOR, PISAH, GERONIMO.
He also lists some interesting explosives and-"Explodes when hit by hammer", "Great violence wen ignited", "Burn quietly when in open".........Kids!:eek:.........wont be listing those!:D

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

I don’t think they are vehicle types, certainly none that I recognise, but could they be names painted on amphibious vehicles by their crews; DUKWs or (less likely) Sherman DD tanks?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Names

I did wonder about tanks but perhaps not, DUKW is an interesting possibility, i will have to find an appropriate sight on the interweb!