Legends French Guy Bernard Chabbert appreciation thread

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Bring out your best (or worst) Legends commentator French guy stories!

My two faves...

"Dear God, please don't let me f**k up" (roaring laughter can be heard behind him). (Talking about landing aircrafts)

His hypothesis about aliens putting us on Earth (because we all like to gaze the sky and want to fly).

His almost depressed and nostalgic talk about Pink Lady in 08 - how she would never return to Legends, and how we all should take a good look at her because it was the last time she would fly. (next year she returned as normal).

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

To quote my brother (and some long forgotten advert):

He’s a Frenchman.....anything could happen! :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

I try and try to block him out but he is like an irritating itch,just won't disappear and can ruin your day,sorry he is a pain,so no appreciation from me :mad:

Member for

18 years 10 months

This is a joke right? surely they haven't booked him again??

Will there be someone to unfurl a large banner in front of whereever he's sat that reads "STFU!!" ?

Member for

24 years 2 months

The Speetfire ees like a mechanical sparrow......

Member for

24 years 2 months

"Je t'aime, je t'aime
oh, oui je t'aime!
moi non plus
oh, mon amour...
comme la vague irr�solu
je vais, je vais et je viens
entre tes reins
je vais et je viens
entre tes reins
et je me retiens"

Or I might be imagining that bit....

Member for

20 years 9 months

Many laughed at me wearing these in my lug holes because they thought its something to do with the engine noise...

http://www.fitritesafety.com/images/312-1219.jpg

But I know different... :diablo:

Maybe they should do something like they do at the cricket... issue cheap headsets on which those wanting to listen can, whilst the rest of us are left in relative silence to enjoy the growl of a piston or radial engine... (preferably a DB, but then I am biased!)

Cheers
Peter D Evans
LEMB Administrator

Member for

16 years 7 months

Well, whatever he says, it would seem that his ability to do so in English is probably significantly better than a certain British aerobatic pilot who gave a brief comment in French over the tannoy at last Sunday's air display at Niort-Souché in western France. But said pilot is to be commended for doing his best in French rather than assuming, as too often happens, that even in a foreign country everyone speaks English!

Member for

19 years 2 months

he amuses me....i don't think he deserves all the slagging off. He is a very experienced warbird pilot.

My only request is let the aircraft 'speak' for themselves every now and then. The engines sound gorgeous!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I can do without hearing him prattle on yet again -

a couple of his "gems" - "weeng arreahh" (funnily enough rhyming with diarrhea) and "proper lerr", "hay, bee to zee", "hysterical aircrafts" and sharing such wisdom such as "flying is like life, taking off is like birth, before takeoff is like making love'....

Please god, spare us........

Member for

24 years 2 months

This is a joke right? surely they haven't booked him again??

Will there be someone to unfurl a large banner in front of whereever he's sat that reads "STFU!!" ?

I have an app on my iPhone called "LEDit" - already have it loaded with a suitable scrolling notice to request he STFU....

Member for

20 years

He is eccentric, enthusiastic, and very knowledgeable, and for that I applaud him. In an era of drones, clones, Jeremy Spakes, and wannabe rent-a-gobs, he is a breath of garlicky air.

Like a vintage claret, he improves as the years go by. Hating B.C is half the fun of Legends, and for that we should love him.

Not that it matter to me, I watch it all from the roof of Burger-City in Royston, and can't hear a thing!;)

Member for

20 years 7 months

My only request is let the aircraft 'speak' for themselves every now and then. The engines sound gorgeous!

Agreed,he needs to realise he is NOT the be all and end all and we go to see and HEAR the aircraft NOT the B C gibberish show.
Try videoing the airdisplay and listen to it,audio completely ruined,a bit like videoing a beautiful scene without realising there s a motorway droning incessantly in the background.

Member for

18 years 10 months

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Side_cutters.jpg/220px-Side_cutters.jpg

Member for

18 years 10 months

he amuses me....i don't think he deserves all the slagging off. He is a very experienced warbird pilot.

So is Tiger Destefani, but you wouldn't want to hear him do a commentary.. at least not if children or nuns were present.... :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3237/ducttape.jpg

Member for

14 years 2 months

Tricky one as I can't stand the bloke and would rather just listen to the engines as they do their thing...however don't forget that there are a lot of people who can't tell their Mustang from their Spit let alone overhearing Pink Lady and Liberty Bell both being described as Lancasters by one clearly knowledgeable dad to his son.

If he got the balance right I'd be able to tolerate it a little more.

Member for

18 years 1 month

No one has any good stories to tell about his commentary? Just the regular verbal beating? Have a sense of humour! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Errrr, "flying is like life, taking off is like birth, before takeoff is like making love'*... not good enough?......

*Post #10

Member for

18 years 10 months

Errrr, "flying is like life, taking off is like birth, before takeoff is like making love'*... not good enough?......

*Post #10

Swiss Tony...

Member for

24 years 2 months

No, seriously, he said that - it was on a video clip I had...