Today, I have mostly been.....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

Forgot about this thread, yesterday, sorting out trolley for cockpit section to sit on.
I have two trolleys, one which is good but has perished tyres, and the other with great tyres but not suitable for task. Easy solution, swap the wheels over - nah, it's ex MoD!
The wheels look identical but the decent set wouldn't quite fit over the hubs of the decent trolly, cure - split all eight wheels and swap tyres and tubes over, 108 seized wheel nuts, 10 skinned knuckles, and 3 1/2 hours later it was done!

BTW Vulture I love that Shack Griffon intake hanging on your wall!:)

Member for

15 years 10 months

Hi guys today i have been fitting the newly refurbished panels back into 887's pilots cabin...and with this result (just had to close the door to get the full effect):p

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll98/lightningnut_1980/P1010072.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll98/lightningnut_1980/P1010062.jpg

all the best Matt

Member for

16 years 8 months

Very nice Matt, hugely satisfying I bet, where are you going to spend most of the night?!:)

Member for

15 years 10 months

Cheers James i think the nav seat should do for the night:cool:
Joking aside its a great feeling to see parts of 887 working again..........never in my wildest dreams would i have thought that putting power back on to 887 was possible when i first see her :eek:

all the best Matt

Member for

16 years 8 months

Yes you have done incredible work with that Canberra, just goes to show what can be done with a stripped and battered hulk and a lot of hard work.
I wouldn't like to count the pillar lights!:eek:

Member for

21 years 1 month

Sitting in the sun reading Lord Sugars book.

Paul

Member for

13 years 3 months

Running around like a Blue Arsed fly, trying to get the front end of the Snipe together for Cockpitfest, only to fall at the last hurdle as a couple of bits ain't going to be done in time :mad:.

Bob. T

Member for

19 years 3 months

will be great to see it!

Member for

13 years 3 months

will be great to see it!

Unfortunately it's looking like all there will be there to see, is a board with some of the parts on it, my friends CNC router has been U/S for the last couple of weeks, so I couldn't get the 8th vertical struts & a couple of other bits done, I had planned to mock up the front engine mount & assemble the rest up to the bay behind the cockpit.

Bob. T

Member for

16 years 6 months

roping off aircraft so our public dont break things or themselves at the sci fi event on sunday :)

Member for

19 years 3 months

getting p'd on champers in LAX exec lounge....does that count?!:D

Member for

19 years 3 months

sorry all......proof one should not post on forums when tiddly!! managed to get on the plane and been frantically working on bits for seafire!

Member for

14 years 2 months

removing and refitting a spotlight from under the Victor. Which had decided to impersonate a goldfish bowl and fill with water...

Member for

17 years 10 months

Paint stripping the fuse of G-AWPZ-the prototype Andreasson BA-4B [metal]:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

getting p'd on champers in LAX exec lounge....does that count?!:D

Damn Tony...Almost spit my tea over the keyboard with that post!:eek: A+for the shock factor and truthfullness of your post though!;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Paint stripping the outside of the cab on a classic ww2 built Steam Locomotive!

Member for

15 years 3 months

Thinning out the Roman kite population with a £50million jet...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Today, oh! yesterday, I have been checking out a Swastika trophy from a former 'Desert Rat'.

The panel is Me109, starboard side, and most probably cut from a Gustav.

The Mediterranean sand livery almost matches the new 'etch primer' finish on this Emil.

Mark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Mark12/Me109trialfit26June2011PeterArnoldIMG_0595a.jpg

Member for

19 years 3 months

Yesterday, finally sourced, restored and fitted a pair of upper engine mount lugs to the Spit firewall of my Mk5