All read Looking for Aviation Enthusiasts! for TV series <<<<

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

In the general Aviation forum......

mtolfree
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2011

Looking for Aviation Enthusiasts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for Aviation Enthusiasts! Do you have, unusual, unwanted, or amazing collections? If so, we want to hear from you….

A new TV series made by Cineflix Productions is coming to your area on a nation-wide treasure hunt for unusual collectables, antiques, and good old junk that people may not even know they have.

The programme follows two salvage antique experts looking to pay cash for unwanted aircraft parts from large scale propellers, to cockpit interior controls, you name it we’re interested.

We’re looking for great characters, collectors and hoarders of the unusual. If you think you might be suitable or know anyone who is, please get in touch.

Email: [email]mtolfree@cineflix.com[/email]
W: 020 3179 0099 (Ext 117)
M: 07727 086 908

Hmmm sounds like a way to pick up some parts from people unaware of their true values......♦

Original post

Member for

14 years 4 months

Sotheby's recently sold a set of three Shackleton prop blades for £15k, so you're probably right. It does seem some stuff has a greater value as a collectable/antique than as a life expired part.

Member for

16 years 11 months

are you kidding?

Rich get down the barn dig out all the shit '63 doesnt need and get auctioning?!

Member for

15 years 9 months

I've a suspicion this is something to do with Talkback Thames who are putting together a series on 'Collectables'. They contacted me a week or so ago (and wasted a lot of my time in phone calls, voicemails and emails) regarding a book I'm doing on Concorde.

Sophie Kaye and Rebecca Hevingham were two that were involved.

I know it's a different production company, but two companies on very similar subjects within 14 days of each other?... that's too much like con-incidence!

Member for

13 years 3 months

Of course, this is the kind of thing that happens to the bits, and the prices climb to dizzy heights:

http://www.motoart.com/airplane-desks

Rich

I've just discussed having one of these for our office, and my wife slapped my face

http://www.motoart.com/sites/default/files/b-747cowlingfull.jpg

Richard

Member for

17 years 6 months

Cor, she would be able to shave her legs in that, :rolleyes: :p

Member for

24 years 3 months

Guys, I kind of muffed that up. I was trying to merge the two threads together but when I did they didnt make sense so I deleted the merged ones from mtollfree.

Member for

16 years 8 months

And my reply Peter, I wondered where it went and I can't remember what I wrote!:o

Member for

15 years 8 months

I want one of these!!!

http://www.motoart.com/sites/default/files/Continental_radial_engine_table_main.jpg

Member for

16 years 3 months

I nominate Ken Ward.

Should make for entertaining t.v. :)

Member for

18 years 2 months

Seconded - I can't wait!! :D

Member for

17 years 11 months

The programme follows two salvage antique experts looking to pay cash for unwanted aircraft parts from large scale propellers, to cockpit interior controls, you name it we’re interested.

What determines their expertise?Would they know the value of a P51 flap rib vs a Me109 rudder pedal?Or a Spitfire pintle shim vs a Hurri fuselage gusset?Seems like a good premise but I think it,s going to be a nightmare..

Member for

16 years 8 months

I nominate Ken Ward.

Should make for entertaining t.v. :)

LOL brilliant..

Member for

24 years 3 months

I've spoken to them - could be interesting!

Member for

14 years 3 months

Seconded - I can't wait!! :D

Its a pity Sandy Tobin isnt still with us that would make even more interesting tv.
A scotsman who could out blarny an Irishman must be a first !!!!

Member for

14 years 3 months

who are they going to have with the knowledge to tell what is genuine and what was made last week in some guys garage sorry Guy no pun intended !!!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Garage

Talking of garages, Air Ministry's place wouldn't be a bad place to start either:D

Anon.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sandy Topen is alive and well.

Bruce