What happend to Proctor G-AIWA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

With al the rebuilding of Percival Proctors. I have wondered what happend to the remains of Proctor G-AIWA (R7524) which crashed 9.6.84 at La Ferte Alais, France. I remember seeing a photo of this aircraft dumped at the airfield in a magazine many years back.

Dave

Original post

Member for

15 years 3 months

I saw 'IWA at LFA around a year after its accident and then it didn't look in too bad condition, certianlly rebuildable. A following visit around 5 years later found it overgrown and stripped out, two years later nothing was found. At that time the rear of LFA was full of various wrecks completeley over grown, many T-6's , Nord 1101's and some Yaks. I guess that there was little apertitie at the time for a rebuild so the owner took the insurance money and left it there?

Member for

16 years 7 months

IWA

Sad that no one saved her. I was aware of the accident when it happened, my dream of owning a Proctor was still 25 years away. She was most definitely saveable but a year or two sitting out in all weathers open to the elements did for her! Our group has the fronts from the U/C spats of IWA, these were saved and are in reasonable condition. They will fly again attached to a Proctor which one remains to be seen. If I could again use this forum to request Proctor parts large or small we would be delighted to hear from you. Are there a pair of early Mk 1-3 doors awaiting a new life out there? With over a thousand pairs built there must be some stashed away what have you hidden away?

Member for

16 years 7 months

Why not approach the Amicale Jean-Baptiste Salis via the contact link at http://www.ajbs.fr/ and ask the question? If its short and you want, I'll translate it into French for you.

Edit: clearly there is now no need to do so!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Many thanks for the replys.

Dave

Member for

17 years 9 months

G-AIWA

I saw only the front cockpit section of G-AIWA remaining in July 1993 amongst the bushes, no sign of it in 1999.

dh83

Member for

16 years 7 months

In happier times - Redhill 26 June 1975

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/5845411638_c3e0cb8923_b.jpg

Member for

19 years

Couple of shots I have just scanned from slides ...

Blackbushe, 11 April 1971

Old Warden, July 1978

Member for

24 years 2 months

That it wasn't saved is beyond most admirers of the type !

Member for

15 years 3 months

Some great photos there, did many of the places back in June 85. Going back to IWA it was pretty much as in those photos. LFA, and Entampes were an absolute treasure trove in those days

Member for

10 years 4 months

I'm sure I've seen this asked before possibly on here and the answer was that it had been scrapped, might come up through a search if you want to know more.