"Amelia"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 8 months

G'Day folks, I've done a thread and post search because I was sure I had read about this before, but nothing came up. So my apologies if I'm going over old ground....

I just watched the film 'Amelia', and I have to say I thought it was pretty good. I'd be interested in other opinions. I found the end scene in the Electra when they realised they were doomed quite moving.

Your thoughts?

Cheers, Matt

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

I've never managed to see this yet, but I recall it didn't fare too well either critically or commercially.

Member for

19 years

I havent watched it for awhile, I got it on DVD. Didnt think it was to bad, infact I seemed to think it was ok. I guess it the same problem these days, not loads of explosions and huge CGI with the earth being threatened with distruction from an astaroid of something similar!!!!

Member for

15 years 8 months

..and no vampires or helicoptors!

Member for

19 years 5 months

I caught the airlane parts on TV.
When I first read on another forum that it was goingto be filmed in Canada my first thoughs about the aircraft scenese were:
1. Hope they don't have too many Moths
(nothing against moths but they've always beem popular in Canada, so it would be easy to get some as generic biplanes (the same way Stearmans are generic biplanes in US produced films even when they're in the wrong period).
2. Hopefully, they'll watch the registrations.
And sure enough, there is a WACO in one scene where they replave the "C" prefix with an "N".Good effort, but then it looks like "N-BHFS" or something. If it spelled something the audience might think it was a business-sponsored air racer or something as it is it looks like a combination of US and Canadian registrations...even thiugh the US uses numbers.

Having said that, the air to air shots of the Lockheed are nice and they did a nice job on the Fokker trimotor floatplane replica.