Jet Age Museum fundraising open day - Sunday 11th September

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

The thread title pretty much says it all really! The 3 Gloster-built jets will be on display together, the Vulcan cockpit will be open to the public and there'll be other bits and pieces going on (BBQ, trial flying lessons, stuff to buy etc. etc.)

The event is being held at The Flying Shack at Gloucestershire Airport, Staverton, which as about 200yds from the main airport entrance on Bamfurlong Lane (GL51 6ST on your satnav)

The museum has around £220k towards the fund to build a permanent home and needs a further £50k to complete the project. Please come down and see us...

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 1 month

I know it's not at Staverton, but will the Gamecock be viewable that day at the other premises?

Roger Smith.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Roger
Unfortunately, we'll all be up at Staverton on 11th, so it won't be possible to see the Gamecock on the day. We will have some photos though. If you're in this part of the world at any other time, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do...

Member for

19 years 2 months

Here's the poster for the Open Day...please feel free to circulate it....

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

All set for tomorrow...hopefully the weather won't be too bad...

Attachments

Member for

16 years

Wish I could be there :(

Looks like I'm going to miss Kemble as well by 24 hrs :(

Member for

19 years 2 months

Great day, despite the strong wind! Lots of pictures on the Facebook page http://on.fb.me/pXgBX8

Member for

15 years 7 months

Nice pictures on facebook!