Aircraft Cockpit Sections/Instrument Panel Projects Part 2

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years

Somebody on the forum was looking for EFA602 belt buckles-still need em? Send me a PM

Member for

14 years 2 months

@WB556 How much you looking for please?

Does anyone know of any Bulldog / Chipmunk or similar cockpit sections currently on the market please?

Member for

24 years 2 months

There was a Chipmunk on eBay very recently. Anone know if it sold?

Edit: Just found it and yes it did I'm afraid - £970.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Aircraft Panels

Hi, Can anyone ID these panels. I inherited them with some parts for my Oxford project. The only number stamped on the back is CA313 for the pair and B85461-1 for the triangular one. They look to be of British origin but the parts were sourced from Australia if that's any clue. Sorry for the poor photo quality.

Attachments

Member for

14 years 4 months

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a company (or individual) where I may be able to get some panels cut? We need to have some new engineers instrument made for the Shackleton T4 cockpit.

Kind regards,

Rich

Member for

15 years 5 months

I would get it drawn up on your computer in a suitable format (.dxf file say) using a CAD program (TurboCAD, AutoCAD) and email it out for quotes from waterjet/laser cutting companies which are to be found on the internet.

The way I reduced the cost of my Lancaster panel was to get more than one quote, choose a local company, free-issue the material, collect the job in person and have only the pilot holes for bolts drilled. Happy to recommend them if you like but you will probably want to get it done somewhere local.

Member for

14 years 4 months

Thanks for the advice Smirky, looks like I might have to get someone else on our team to run with this one, as thats beyond me in computer terms! I can honestly say CAD is something I've never really used.

Member for

18 years

Rare SU-7 has moved north

Rare SU-7 cockpit moved north to The Lakes last week.

It came from that superb museum facility at Robertsbridge...what a treasure trove that place is ...well done all.. well worth a visit....before that, it was rescued the day after it was burnt at the fire ground at Farnbrorough.

Does anyone have any pics of this machine in its glory or any of its history??
I know virtually nothing about her.

All I know is is its ex Egyptian AF and it was complete when it first came to the UK back in ?????whenever.

Fly Safe all...

Attachments

Member for

18 years

Vulcan Throttle quadrant available

Hello again all,

Ive just been informed of a Vulcan throttle quadrant that may be available out there for someones project.

Anyone interested in talking about it, pm me please.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 2 months

PM sent - I have the bits that are missing from that one (airbrakes switch and panel etc) and it would go well with my Vulcan collection.

Some interesting stalls booked at Shoreham for all you cockpit guys looking for stuff to fill out those panels etc....!!

I can't wait to see what treasures a couple of the stallholders have.

Member for

19 years 4 months

B-17

I have a facebook page for the B-17 cockpit
B-17 cockpit project

Member for

13 years 4 months

Looking for T33 Panel

Hello,
can someone help me to find the panel indicated as No.3.
"Command Radio Control Shift Switch and Indicator Light".
Installed on the front left side console of a T-33.
Thanks for help.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 5 months

Wyvern project

Some of the additions i've made recently;

Pic 1 - Thanks to Bruce i now have the correct issue GGS for the S.4. But i'm still looking for a Type 2 Mk.1 8B/2860 retractable mounting.

Pic 2 - In the space of two weeks i came across both types of stick top, as fitted amongst other types to turboprop Wyverns. On the left an AC1400 = TF.2 and early S.4, on the right AC10300 = late S.4. Both complete and in working order.

Pic 3 - Following a tip off from the eagle eyed Dave Collins and a trip by me upto South Yorkshire i managed to acquire another windscreen section. This one being in superb condition. It differs from the other one that i have in that it is from an earlier TF.2 pre-production aircraft, with different fittings where it meets the face of the earlier type of canopy. I'm still looking for a curved and hinged front aerodynamic section though to complete the windscreen. The same trip also yielded a nice early MB seat safety pin and disc.

Rob.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Nice finds there Rob, glad to see you're getting more stuff together

John

Member for

16 years 7 months

Excellent result Rob, I don't know how you keep managing to find this stuff! The grips look good.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Where did you find the windscreen. Strange thing to be in this area.

Ben

Member for

16 years 5 months

John - Thanks for the kind comments... much appreciated!!

James - Thanks again mate. The AC1400 comes complete with a job card, having been re-conditioned in service. And the best bit is its ex Royal Navy (quite fitting really).
Needless to say the ole bank balance has taken a beating just recently :).

Benyboy - I believe when it was originally acquired and bought to the Doncaster area it was thought to be from a different type, having been labelled as such. It was only when DC saw it in the flesh that it was identified as Wyvern.

Rob

Member for

18 years 2 months

So for the sake of Benyboy it came from South Yorkshire NOT East - unless Doncaster has moved in the last fortnight ;)

The windscreen originated from somewhere in the North West as TAC had it for many years lying around in stores labelled up as Meteor. An error that has stayed with it until the last month or so!

Jon

Member for

16 years 5 months

Ahh, yes, that would be South Yorkshire then :o. Apologies all yorkshiremen. So did you come across the windscreen before hand then Jon?

Rob