HELP. Barn find Spitfire seat. Info?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

With what result?

Moggy

The pilot found himself sitting substantially lower...on a bent elevator connecting rod with the spade grip closer to his chin than is normal.

Mark

Member for

14 years 2 months

Ebay Fee s

If I may put my ten pence in.

As we have found with our web site if you use the Paypal link to pay for something or make a donation we have found they take 10% off everytime.

BUT

If instead you do not use this direct facility but go into your paypal account and send someone the money (NOT AS EBAY GOODS) Then they charge you precisely nothing !!!!.

We make as much use of this loophole as we can but I wonder how long it will be before paypal close it ???

Mike E

www.whirlwindfighterproject.org

Member for

17 years 5 months

Problem with that is if a dispute occurs you have had it.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The pilot found himself sitting substantially lower...on a bent elevator connecting rod with the spade grip closer to his chin than is normal.

Mark

And the aeroplane concerned received a fair amount of TLC the following winter.

Member for

12 years 1 month

Hi again, been looking around for the other parts and found some alloy pipe with brackets that looks to be from a plane, it is stamped SAC with the "A" being larger than the S and the C.
Any ideas??? Pics tomorrow.

Building up a nice wee collection...wonder what else will turn up?

Member for

18 years 3 months

Hi again, been looking around for the other parts and found some alloy pipe with brackets that looks to be from a plane, it is stamped SAC with the "A" being larger than the S and the C.
?

SAC could be for Southern Aircraft Components they were at Hemel Hempstead and certainly made matal fittings for Mosquito's and possibly other types as well.

Richard

Member for

17 years 5 months

They would of course love to have the seat for their 46, but feel that the 10k price is way over the top.

That was based on all the parts being usable as airworthy which i said, if not the price would drop...

Member for

12 years 1 month

Seat has now been sold, thanks for all the replys info and requests. Cheers

Member for

15 years 7 months

It would be interesting after all the preamble to know how much the seat went for if possible and what its likely future will be.