Auster mk. 6 Parts Wanted

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 10 months

Sadly the Auster club forums are not present anymore so maybe some folks overhere have Auster parts in their sheds (or wherever :p ).

For the restoration of former VF-608 we're still looking for some specific parts.

One or two of the attached bolts for connecting to the wing to inner strutt would be welcome as well some transparant nav light covers for both portside and starboard wing. Wish I had a partnumber t make it a little easier. As far I know each wing has 2 of these bolts. All 4 bolts should be the same. Bolts should be certified for airworthy duty. They are critical parts.

I am sure the nav covers probably are re-produced somewhere but I haven't been able to find them yet.

Cheers, André Jans

Attachments
Original post

Member for

12 years 10 months

Hi Andre,
The "bolts" to which you refer are Part Number AA819 and correct nomenclature is "Plug Adjusting". The early version which you picture is fabricated (bent/welded). The later version is machined from solid. I have 3 of the early and 13 of the later in stock. Contact Email [email]vintageaircraft@xtra.co.nz[/email]
The nav light covers are possibly a later mod as the standard part is a fabricated sheetmetal jobby.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Andre

Sucker for rebuilding an Auster, I have 2 Austers, had a third but gave it to my son, its a project rebuilding a J5. Giving my son the auster project was a bit like giving him a house morgage.

A few years back, rebuilding Tigers was all the rage here in Australia, however Tiger projects are a bit hand to come by and lots of $$$ so an auster project can be had for a lot lower entry price - still a lot of money involved.

cheers

Member for

12 years 10 months

But an Auster is a much "nicer" aeroplane. Fly a Wooden Gipsy Moth and you will wonder at what became the Tiger.
Attributed to GDH :- An aeronautical abortion, foaled of a maiden and sired by military necessity.

Member for

13 years 8 months

Andre

Great to hear how your Auster is progressing. I am a member of the IAC (International Auster Club) and there is a great bunch of guys that post and I know from my own experience of rebuilding my T7 there has been a lot of help between the guys back and forth around the globe.

Sorry I cant help with those bolts (I will need some myself!) Dont suppose you have a spare circular mounting fixture and centre post for fitting the rear swivel seat found on Mk 6 & 7's?

Stan, do you have much in the way of Auster stuff? I am down in Rangiora and my friend Baz is rebuilding his J-5F (he may have been in touch about an u/c leg?) alongside my T7.

Cheers
Anthony

Member for

14 years 10 months

Thanks Stan for putting a name to those little 'suckers'.

I'll talk to our project manager of what type we need. I asusme its not a problem to use old and new version on one plane as I assume its all the same part number?

I'll drop you an email later on once I got it sorted out.

Hi Andre,
The "bolts" to which you refer are Part Number AA819 and correct nomenclature is "Plug Adjusting". The early version which you picture is fabricated (bent/welded). The later version is machined from solid. I have 3 of the early and 13 of the later in stock. Contact Email [email]vintageaircraft@xtra.co.nz[/email]
The nav light covers are possibly a later mod as the standard part is a fabricated sheetmetal jobby.

Member for

14 years 10 months

Thanks Stan for putting a name to those little 'suckers'.

I'll talk to our project manager of what type we need. I assume its not a problem to use old and new version on one plane togther as I assume its all the same part number?

I'll drop you an email later on once I got it sorted out.

Hi Andre,

Member for

14 years 10 months

Anthony,

thank you for your post. We still have a long way to go but we''l get there one day. Guess it might take another 2 years or so before we can run testflights. I'll have to check on the spare circulair mounting fixture and centre post for fitting the mounting fixture. Not sure if have a spare.

Andre

Great to hear how your Auster is progressing. I am a member of the IAC (International Auster Club) and there is a great bunch of guys that post and I know from my own experience of rebuilding my T7 there has been a lot of help between the guys back and forth around the globe.

Sorry I cant help with those bolts (I will need some myself!) Dont suppose you have a spare circular mounting fixture and centre post for fitting the rear swivel seat found on Mk 6 & 7's?

Stan, do you have much in the way of Auster stuff? I am down in Rangiora and my friend Baz is rebuilding his J-5F (he may have been in touch about an u/c leg?) alongside my T7.

Cheers
Anthony

Member for

12 years 10 months

I have reasonable stocks of most Auster and Gipsy Major parts. Sorry if I am a bit slow in answering some Emails but things can get a bit hectic around here.

Member for

13 years 8 months

Andre, any help would be hugely appreciated for WE552

No worries Stan, life keeps us busy alright!

Will mail you direct

Cheers
Anthony

Member for

14 years 10 months

In search for a brack pulley port, partnumber 081286L and we could use a rear strutt as well.

Attachments

Member for

14 years 10 months

We're getting along with VF608 but still have a lot of work awaiting.

The restauration of the port wing is getting in final stages.

Attachments

Member for

13 years 8 months

Great work there so far. A big job!

I am at the fit out stage and would love some help with detail photo's of a couple of fuselage areas if possible?

I will send you a PM with my email address

Here is mine as of last week, the fuse has been zero timed etc,
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn90/Anthonyg/xhk1063.jpg

Cheers
Anthony

Member for

14 years 10 months

Nice Anthony!

Our fuselage is stripped mostly as well but I can look for parts if you like.

I too have made some shots of TW641 last Summer which could be used as reference.

Member for

12 years 10 months

The part no's you need are:-
Rear wing struts AA845
Pulley bracket QA81286L
Sorry have no spares for either

Member for

14 years 10 months

Stan,

Thank you for checking!

André

Member for

14 years 10 months

While rebuidling the portwing I found this little strip on one of the fuel tank support bars. Could anyone please nlight me what it is for? There are 2 fuel tank support bars in each wing and only one shows this little metal strip. Couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks.

André

Attachments