Vintage Aircraft magazine

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

Thanks to Graham, I now have a complete set. I enjoyed reading those that I hadn't seen before. They contained some interesting material that gave rise to some questions that may result in new threads on this forum!

Member for

19 years 7 months

OK then all you accumulators of junk,----------------
Sob Sob I haven't got any o' them (or possibly have squirrelled away somewhere in all the rest of my junk) Would we be breaching any copyright laws if they were to be recopied so that some of us poor deprived antipodeans could also share the delights of yesteryear???
Slight deviation of thread. The Gemini that I am currently restoring was registered to Mr A.C. Pritchard, 28th Jan 1982, Vintage Aircraft Magazine 5th Feb 1985 and Aston Publications Ltd (last UK owner and proprietor thereof, i.e.A.C.Pritchard)
Small world huh?

Whatever happened to Aston Publications and Anthony Pritchard? Many years back I won a competition in VA and the prize was a flight in Miles Falcon G-AEEG on its birthday. I and another winner were flown down from Baginton to Denham in a Fuji then had a great day there including the promised Falcon flight. Sadly the weather deteriorated and we had to return to the Midlands by rail with Mr Pritchard - who from what I recall was a good bloke.

Tim

Member for

19 years 1 month

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/aero101/VA36.jpg

Member for

16 years 8 months

Why did Vintage Aircraft cease publication after issue no. 36? Was it for financial reasons?

Member for

19 years 1 month

Why did Vintage Aircraft cease publication after issue no. 36? Was it for financial reasons?

No - I didn't have enough time (after 10 years) and Tony couldn't find another Editor. It was around the time that FlyPast was taking off so we quietly let it die :(

Member for

16 years 8 months

I won't say which I preferred. I'd probably get banned if I did!

Member for

18 years 1 month

It was a great shame it stopped. I knew many people who preferred to the up and coming magazine.

Dave

Member for

12 years 11 months

Any news on our Mr. Pritchard? I would like to contact him if poss. Also if anyone has anything on the history of Gemini G-AKHW or Messenger G-AKEZ, both of which are being rebuilt to fly, I would be most grateful.

Member for

16 years 3 months

I am hunting around for copies of Vintage Aircraft magazine. Need a copy each of Nos. 09 10 14 19 22 23 24 26 28 30 35 & 36. Wonder if anyone has any they wish to dispose of.....?

Planemike

Member for

15 years 9 months

Have you tried Brian Cox?

Member for

16 years 8 months

I can help with issues 9 and 10 but not the later issues. When first they were published, I bought each issue up to 12 but then stopped. Later I picked up a complete run and so have issues 1 to 12 as duplicates. Send me a PM if you're interested in the two issues mentioned.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Have you tried Brian Cox?

Graham,

Thanks for the suggestion. Have bought some from Brian. If his current list is up to date, he does not have any of those I am looking for.

Planemike

Member for

16 years 3 months

I can help with issues 9 and 10 but not the later issues. When first they were published, I bought each issue up to 12 but then stopped. Later I picked up a complete run and so have issues 1 to 12 as duplicates. Send me a PM if you're interested in the two issues mentioned.

Thanks AA, have e-mailed you.

Planemike

Member for

19 years 1 month

I really should have squirreled some away. Regrettably I only have two sets now - and lots of photos ...

Member for

18 years 2 months

I’ve revisited this thread this morning and looking back at G-ORDY’s post #24 I seem to think that the second-hand book / magazine shelf in the NAM Shop may have some copies of this publication on sale.

When I go over next week I’ll check this out and get back to you with any details.

Member for

19 years 1 month

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/aero101/008_zpse2841ac7.jpg

Member for

16 years 3 months

I’ve revisited this thread this morning and looking back at G-ORDY’s post #24 I seem to think that the second-hand book / magazine shelf in the NAM Shop may have some copies of this publication on sale.

When I go over next week I’ll check this out and get back to you with any details.

Twin Otter.............

I am grateful to you, will look out for a msg from you.

Planemike

Member for

18 years 2 months

I’ve just had a small piece of feedback from the curator, which reads as follows: “We do have copies of this magazine from number 1 up to about number 35 in the Archive. I have not received any lately but the odd one might have migrated to the table in Hangar 2.”

The table in Hangar 2 that he refers to is mentioned here and this is now being used as a fund raiser for ‘Project Panini’ – the new café / play area project!

As mentioned in the earlier post I’ll check next week, but it seems that NAM may also need edition 36!! ;)

Member for

16 years 3 months

I’ve just had a small piece of feedback from the curator, which reads as follows: “We do have copies of this magazine from number 1 up to about number 35 in the Archive. I have not received any lately but the odd one might have migrated to the table in Hangar 2.”

The table in Hangar 2 that he refers to is mentioned here and this is now being used as a fund raiser for ‘Project Panini’ – the new café / play area project!

As mentioned in the earlier post I’ll check next week, but it seems that NAM may also need edition 36!! ;)

Twin Otter........

Should I come across a spare No:36 I shall donate it to the Museum.....

Planemike

Member for

16 years 8 months

Have a look at post #21........