Robin Byers

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

It is with great sadness that I have to report that Robin Byers passed away on 5th April after a long illness.
A few of you will have met him with his Merlin engine at Duxford and numerous other places. I will never forget the sound of those two engines running side by side in sync. We had some great times together, and he was indeed a truly nice chap and best friend, who will be missed. He was 69.

The funeral will be at Carlisle Crematorium at 10:20am on Wednesday 18th April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcEfbse18W4&feature=email

Pete

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 2 months

Robin Byers

I had the great pleasure of meeting Robin on quite a few occasions and found him to be a thoroughly nice man and a first-class engineer to boot.

He never complained about his illness, even though I knew he had endured years of suffering, and always showed a happy disposition.

With his engineering he had that can-do, will-do attitude which ensured the success of any project he laid his gifted hands upon.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Anon.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Damn, a sad lose, I used to drink with him in the Near Boot whenever I was home in Houghton. RIP Robin, a true gent who will be sorely missed.

Member for

13 years 6 months

I met Robin a few times and chatted to him about his engine, a superb engineer, and an all round nice bloke; he'll be sadly missed.

Member for

19 years 2 months

That is sad....top chap and friendly, blue skies Robin.......condolescences to his family and friends

Member for

24 years 2 months

So wonderful to be next to what sounded like a Mossie in the cruise - such a thrill. My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Many people talk about doing stuff. Robin obviously did it.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Robin was so enthusiastic for engineering and aero engines, I will always think of him when I run an engine.

Andy

Member for

24 years 2 months

Never had the pleasure of actually meeting him but I was at a number of engine runs at East Fortune where this photos appears to be. Never will forget the look on his face running those engines and will never forget the great big smile it put on my face.

Heres to wishing him that same look on his face and oily hands in the here after.