Me262 Handbuch

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

Just wondering if anyone had access to the 262 Handbuchs and would be able to share a couple of pages. I require the electrical pages covering the R4M rockets! It should be under Elektrisches Bordnetz Heft 1 u. 2.

Many thanks for any help

Matt

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

Hi,
Thanks for that, unfortunately not, I'm after the actual aircraft Handbuch (manual)

Just as a little aside: German Documents for WWII aircraft follow roughly this system:

The Ersatzteilliste, Which translates as spare parts list; this contains annotated drawings and is used to identify which individual part numbers make up the aircraft e.g. Fuel pump A will require washer X, bolt Y and plate Z to attach to fuselage frame 1

The Handbücher, Manuals. These are descriptive and explain the aircraft systems and how they operate together. They are comprised of multiple books that cover each part of the aircraft, e.g. fuselage, wings, engine etc. They also contain the Electrical Parts list (you'd think that would come in the ersatzteilliste!) and the electrical schematics.

Bedienungsvorschrift, operating instructions, these explain how to operate certain systems and the aircraft.

Reparaturanleitung, Repair manual, this covers what repairs you can make, how to carry them out and to what tolerances.

Lehrbildreihe, Instructional picture series. These are large pictures used for teaching the mechanics aircraft parts and systems.

Additionally to these major manuals for the aircraft you will then have many many manuals and separate parts list that cover the individual components of the aircraft, e.g the aircrafts parts list will simply state that the aircraft requires Pump X, the manufacturer will then produce a parts list for the pump, instructional drawings for it, a repair manual for it and possibly a descriptive manual explaining how it operates and so on!
It is easy to get hold of the main aircraft manuals and parts list but to get hold of the individual component parts list and manuals is not so straight forward!

Additionally to all of this are the manufacturers blue prints and manufacturer instructions, for most things these simply no longer exist!

Member for

12 years 9 months

Well the Germans were nothing if not thorough , & I'm impressed by your research..good luck in your quest .

Member for

15 years 5 months

Don't think that will help him either. The Zenos Me-262 stuff is just pilot's notes made from testing captured aircraft and is really just simplified operating instructions, speeds, distances, etc. It's a quick-start guide and not much else.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Thanks Guys, the thing i'm looking for looks like the one below:
I'm trying to wire up FL50959 Sequencer box out of a 262, it is used to fire the rockets in salvos or individually. I have the Handbuch for the box however it does not contain enough detail to wire it up fully and so I require the aircraft electrical diagrams.
Matt

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5223/exampledk.jpg

Member for

24 years 2 months

I might have something on an old hard drive - stand by!

Bruce

Member for

15 years 2 months

Thanks Bruce, The Fl50959 Handbuch is just not detailed enough to wire up the whole system, it talks about Rumpklappenrelais but does not give Fl. Numbers etc. I'm intending on wiring the system up to bulbs so that as the firing signals are given the bulbs light up, should be pretty neat!