Part No 715 "What are they from?"

Member for

8 years 11 months

Posts: 1,101

I have the very rear end of a fuselage, it appears to be a welded steel tube fuselage.
The only part numbers I can find on it are suffixed with H715, eg 5H715, 14H715, there is also a small inspection stamp that starts with RY.
Would this mean that it is off of an Avro of some type that was built at Yeadon ?, the H prefix would suggest they are fin/rudder & tail parts.
One Thought was that it might be Anson, but not sure what the part numbers are for it.

Any Ideas ?.

Bob T.

Original post
Profile picture for user Alan Clark

Member for

14 years 10 months

Posts: 819

Almost certainly Anson, RY is the stamp for Avro Yeadon and those reference numbers are in the format that Avro (and others in the HS Group) used.