Will it be at Legends 2012

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

I am soooooo looking forward to taking in the stunning Razor Back SNAFU.
The sight, The sound and I bet she has a lovely smell that only a WWII fighter can have.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm idly wondering if there will be a closing Balbo this year, now it is no longer 'an accident waiting to happen' as I have heard expressed by many pilots over the years.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 2 months

Interesting thought Moggy. For the time it takes to form them all up, the brief time taken to flypast, and the risk of collision, I don't think it's worth it.

For me, it only serves to get another photo opportunity because I didn't catch individual aircraft the first time. And even that's for new display aircraft.

I admire the skills of the pilots but I think there are too many aircraft in one piece of airspace. Nothing to do with being PC/risk averse, I'm just getting old.

Member for

17 years 10 months

you are correct Moggy, I have thought the same for many years. The days of when you could afford to practice your show set piece have long gone, even press days are nothing much to what they used to be, oh well progression or should I say regression.
I am not really a lover of the Balbo anyway so I would not miss it to much but Im not speaking for anyone else.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Agreed. Too much aeroplanes in the same space. The accident happened, no point in pushing on. Do something else instead, the Balbo is not my fave part of the show anyway, but rather a sign that things are about to end. It's impressive, but a roaring Mustang tailchase does the trick just as good IMO.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Well I will miss the Balbo, its always a highlight for me!

Member for

13 years 2 months

another show stopper that looks as though its gona stop, just like the Biggen Hill dip at the end of the runway

Member for

24 years 2 months

I would suggest that rumours of its death are greatly exaggerated. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Are there some Mike?

I certainly haven't heard any.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, I read on the Internet that it "looks as though its gona stop", so it must be true! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Depends where you read it I guess.

Moggy

Member for

12 years 7 months

What About EADS ME109 With the Original Engine ??

Member for

19 years 3 months

The EAD ME109 is really a Buchon and therefore the original engine would be a Merlin....

Member for

18 years 4 months

The EAD ME109 is really a Buchon and therefore the original engine would be a Merlin....

Or a Hispano Suiza..

Steve

Member for

24 years 2 months

What About EADS ME109 With the Original Engine ??

Rolls-Royce Kestrel?