Soggy - Your Swallow flies again!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 9 months

Re the James May question - the answer has appeared in the Christmas version of a TV listings comic

Sunday 23rd December BBC2 9.30 pm "James May's Toy Stories - Flight Club"

Apparently he (and his little helpers) have set out to build a model glider which will be used to attempt to fly the Channel. There is a photo of 3 guys holding what appears to be a large model of a Swallow.

Must admit, if I wanted to fly a model across the Channel I'd have picked something more aerodynamic to copy than a Swallow! Anyhow it could be interesting so I must remember to set the video recorder.

Member for

15 years 1 month

A little Swallow side history. The Camphill WD&HOW Swallow was 'landed out' by the Father of my friend Graham. Bit of damage. Graham went on to become 'Jilted John' and 'Ken Shuttleworth'.

Not a lot of people know that.

I demand accuracy, it's John Shuttleworth. Ken Worthington is his manager, all parts played by Graham:)

Member for

7 years 1 month

Hi I thought you might like an up date on Slingsby Swallow T45 BGA 1109, I have rescued the fuselage and tail from Yorkshire. It is now in my garden near Lowestoft Suffolk the wings (damaged) still lay in Yorkshire with its trailer. It was due to be burnt. I would like the wings here but it is beyond me at present. The trailer is free to anyone if they can get the wings back here. There is also a microlite with good engine less prop going at the same location. Anyone interested.