Your Favourite Control Column Stick/Yoke/Grip!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 10 months

Yes it's the cannon fire button from a stomovic recovered from Kurst

Member for

6 years 2 months

a copy of clay)))) This is offtopic, do not take it seriously)))
[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tF8E859CB-7C20-4F44-8830-ABFF9D6A71E4.jpeg Views:\t0 Size:\t171.4 KB ID:\t3872950","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3872950","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tCCB61D07-AA77-4DE6-8835-57C5CE5B7D99.jpeg Views:\t0 Size:\t193.6 KB ID:\t3872951","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3872951","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDCECC944-15ED-46CF-A405-2AD4538F758D.jpeg Views:\t0 Size:\t96.5 KB ID:\t3872952","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3872952","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

16 years 10 months

That is a very good copy. I would love to have a real one though!

Member for

13 years 1 month

Did you sculpt it from scratch or, did you make a mould from an original piece?

Very impressive and as Ian said, love to have a real one!

GYD

Member for

13 years 4 months

Hi all,

A recent addition to my collection – thanks to a fellow forum member I’ve final managed to pick up something I’ve been looking to acquire since 1982 and watching the nightly news reports of the Sea Harriers over the Falkland Islands. Like many I think this was my generation’s “Battle of Britain” and a full size SHAR was never going to fit it the spare room…I still need to source a trim switch and rubber boots so if anyone has them laying around spare please drop me a line..

I’ll start a new thread for this with a bunch of pictures of the grip partly disassembled so as not to fill up this one

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t09160017.JPG Views:\t0 Size:\t1.19 MB ID:\t3873800","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3873800","data-size":"full","title":"09160017.JPG"}[/ATTACH]

.[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t09160019.JPG Views:\t0 Size:\t63.4 KB ID:\t3873792","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3873792","data-size":"full","title":"09160017.JPG"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"09160026.JPG","data-attachmentid":3873802}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"09160026.JPG","data-attachmentid":3873803}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

11 years

Hello all:

Below is the finished restoration of the CL-28 "Argus" wheel. Produced by Canadair waaaay before their Bombardier days, the Argus was a big, good looking, four-engined Maritime Patrol aircraft powered by Wright R-3350 duplex radials. As FlyBuy noted in an earlier post here, only 33 were made. So the cost per aircraft, including all DDT&E, must have been horrendous. It was a 1950s version of the not-too-far-down-the-road P-3 Orion, which the Canadians ultimately took on strength.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"246","width":"327","data-attachmentid":3873886}[/ATTACH]m [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3873887}[/ATTACH] m [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3873888}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

19 years 9 months

Fantastic restoration work there Nick, Well done!

Member for

7 years 9 months

My latest addition to my collection. Supermarine Scimitar I believe.

Attachments

Member for

13 years 1 month

Hi Brightspark180,

a couple of nice new additions, well done.  Indeed,  you are quite right the first is a Scimitar, probably the last incarnation used as all previous handles start AC14... but, your S1 Buccaneer AC61578, was the initial used, it then replaced through modification to an AC60962 then yet again replaced through modification to AC62916.  All handles look exactly the same from the outside!

GYD

Member for

4 years 5 months

Hello all:  I'm back but as a new member.  The new site was apparently incapable of recognizing I was a member of the old site.  Question:  Are you all seeing the same thing I am on this new site, that a high percentage of the photos that used to be here have been wiped out?

Member for

19 years 9 months

Welcome back Nick, I’m not sure how many members have actually made it back, seems awfully quiet on these forums and signing back up again certainly wasn’t plain sailing. All I see is links to photos as opposed to the old system of seeing an actual photo in the first instance. 
My recent acquisition is a grip from a WWII Luftwaffe DFS230 glider which was allegedly shot down during the battle of Breslau whilst trying to resupply the Sieged German army. I don’t normally collect grips but thought that this had an interesting backdrop. 

Attachments

Member for

4 years 5 months

That's an interesting and potentially unique find Darrell.   That looks even more like a "spade" grip than all those Supermarine and Hawker products had.  I'll pick up an occasional grip too, like the F-102, just because of a unique quality.  Congratulations on the find.   

I agree with you that many of the old photos are now links.  But many of those old links are inactive and don't bring up a photo when clicked on.  

Member for

7 years 9 months

I agree it is a real shame that a lot of the old photos have vanished, the new system of clicking on links is not great. I always enjoyed looking at the photos and using them for reference. 

Hopefully the powers that be will improve the forum with time, glad to see that others are slowly managing to return. It would be a great shame to loose the reference/information and the incredible knowledge of numerous members.

Fly.buy that is a very interesting grip

Member for

7 years 9 months

As always thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Good to have you back, Nick. This new forum is a challenge. Scrolling through the images was always a pleasure, if not an evening wasting diversionary activity. Jpeg links don't do it for me and seem a great leap backwards. Liking the Glider spade grip, Darrell. Conjures up thoughts of storming the Maginot line. 

Member for

4 years 5 months

LOL....agreed Ian; it was nice (but also informative) diversion to scroll through earlier postings for the photos.