Your Favourite Control Column Stick/Yoke/Grip!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

4 years 5 months

Hi Fly.Buy: If you know the link for that closed JU52  auction please post it.  I searched Euro & US Ebay (Sold Items) and didn't see it.  So I'm assuming it didn't sell.  Thanks...

Member for

6 years 2 months

Hello to all!

I have not visited the forum for a long time .... there are so many new things that I can’t find what I need now)))) 

I have two patients) An-12 and IL-76

Attachments

Member for

6 years 2 months

Unfortunately, I can’t understand in which section it’s better to ask a question, for this I’ll ask here. In Ukraine, they are now selling a very rare device from the Tu-22m3 and Tu-160 aircraft.If anyone has an interest, please write personal messages

Attachments

Member for

13 years 1 month

Hi Alex,

Sadly, since the change in this forum format, PM's are not available any more, yet???

However, nice new yokes!

GYD

Member for

7 years 1 month

Hi all, can anyone identify this grip for me? Thanks in advance.

Martyn

Attachments

Member for

13 years 1 month

Hi Martyn,

Any chance of a picture of the front and top?  Are there any manufacturers marks or numbers?

GYD

Member for

7 years 1 month

Hi GYD  -  as requested. Many thanks - Martyn

Attachments

Member for

16 years 10 months

Certainly military, Martyn, but I don't think for flying anything from the cockpit. Looks like a systems joystick. The same shape, by Mason manufacturing, has been used in a lot of aircraft, from early B-58 Hustler to current B-1.

Member for

7 years 1 month

Thanks Ian, that makes sense. I bought it along with an F-8 and FJ-4 stick top from the US around 15 years ago. I have a flight manual for the B-58 so I'll see if it's shown in there.

Member for

13 years 1 month

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for posting the additional pictures.  

I, like Ian seem to think that it is a system operating handle not, a flight control handle.  The abbreviations POL and FOV I am struggling to work out, along with 'slave'.  Not markings I would associate with a flight handle but, someone may know different? 

The only thing that perhaps springs to mind, is a refueller boom operator control handle maybe?

GYD 

Member for

19 years 9 months

Martyn, was this purchased in the States or UK?
MOD abbreviations has FOV as ‘Field of view’.  POL as ‘Petrol Oil Lubricants.’ No mention of acronym SLAVE. 

Member for

6 years 2 months

Hello to all!

Here is a new exhibit after restoration

Attachments

Member for

7 years 1 month

Hi Darrell, I'm fairly sure that it came from the US, but memory can be a strange thing. Thanks for the meaning of the FOV and POL. Forgive my ignorance but what does FOV mean in relation to aviation?

visotka - another nice restoration.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Very good restoration, Visotka. Which yoke is that? Not the An-12 or IL-76. I had a tour of an IL-76 at Fairford Air display in the summer, it came with olives and Vodka! 

Member for

6 years 2 months

Thank you Ian. No, this is An-24)))

Member for

13 years 1 month

F.B

Indeed, you are right, the common (UK) abbreviation for POL is 'Petrol, Oils, Lubricants' but, I fear that it is not likely in this particular instance, especially that Martyn's grip is of US origin and not UK MOD. 

I too have a Mason grip of unknown origin/use that has an  up/down 'coolie hat' switch and the abbreviation 'POD' next to it.  No idea what POD stands for but, my gut instinct seems to point my grip being rotary wing use however, that's another story somewhere in the middle of this column/grip thread and I'm no nearer to identifying it either!

GYD  

Member for

12 years 9 months

Going with the "SLAVE"  acronym, it could be associated with aligning the seeker head of a missile, to a method of target location, ie. radar or infra-red.

I'm sure I've heard it being referred to as "SLAVING".