Flt Sgt Copping's P-40 From The Egyptian Desert

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 10 months

I downloaded jpegsnoop lastnight and used it on the photos first published and it suggested that the camera was a Blackberry 9530. A pretty useful tool to use.
It wont be long before the actual id of the aircraft is found and hopefully the fate of the Pilot.
Ian

Member for

24 years 2 months

I don't know my P40's lads but could this be her serial number??

Attachments

Member for

16 years 7 months

Now the important stuff
Did they send any whirlwinds to eygpt ..nope..:mad:

Cheers
Jerry

No, just a few Stirlings.... also said to be buried..... I'll go get my passport and a shovel..... :D

Member for

17 years 5 months

I have been looking for a site I found many moons ago about a Hurri that force landed out of fuel, plane was sitting on its wheels fully Servicable, the pilot sat down wrote to his mum and dad and wished them all well, he also mentioned about the thirst before he succumbed... The family had a site dedicated to him which included his last words written... So sad.

One hopes the pilot made it back, but the obvious isolation of the aircraft makes one wonder, if he didn't and is located, one hopes it brings some closure to his family.

Member for

18 years 9 months

I believe I have found the identity of this aircraft. Anyone else figured it out yet?

No

Enlighten us

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have a feeling the ID will come to light quite soon...

Let's hope the pilot was rescued, even though I admit this is against the odds.

Member for

19 years 9 months

No, just a few Stirlings.... also said to be buried..... I'll go get my passport and a shovel..... :D

Hi
apparently for stirlings they only take camels as currency,
and not the ciggie type.
cheers
Jerry

Member for

19 years 9 months

I don't know my P40's lads but could this be her serial number??

Hi
most probably..... but I can't read it.
cheers
Jerry

Holy mackerel....!!

Of course, knew all the shots were the real deal all along....:rolleyes::o

Member for

14 years 3 months

Well, there we are. Let's hope there's a bright future for this unique survivor. It would be a shame if all we had to look at were those controversial pictures and this entertaining thread in a year's time.
Well done to all the contributors, this has been an excellent debate and stayed civil throughout!

Member for

12 years 1 month

Those 2 minutes and 53 seconds of video are painful viewing. Somehow I don't hold out much hope for her...

Member for

19 years 9 months

Holy mackerel....!!

Of course, knew all the shots were the real deal all along....:rolleyes::o

Hi Andy,
I thought you would at gatwick getting on the next plane to acquire it for the next aerojumble.
Cheers
Jerry ( who is still gladly chewing on humble pie ):D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think once they manage to open or remove the canopy then that's it for her..

Member for

12 years 1 month

I think once they manage to open or remove the canopy then that's it for her..

well they've already smashed the side in allowing for the interior photo

Hi Andy,
I thought you would at gatwick getting on the next plane to acquire it for the next aerojumble.
Cheers
Jerry ( who is still gladly chewing on humble pie ):D

Jerry...yep, a couple of slices of humble pie for me, too. Just wasn't convinced the first two shots were the real deal.

Member for

15 years

Fantastic that it is found,but heartbreaking to see it being vandalised by people who don't value it from the historical point of view.I suppose the souveniers that they are taking will be spread far and wide,shame they don't salvage the whole thing and sell it as one big souvenier.

Member for

12 years 1 month

What about Wasalpan23, someone should contact him/her.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Well done to all the contributors, this has been an excellent debate and stayed civil throughout!

Agreed, eating my pie as we speak, but in this case just glad I was wrong!

Member for

16 years 2 months

Quick everyone, back over to the "20 Spitfires In Burma" thread, it's in danger of being overtaken by this one. This is the Flypast Forum, we can't let that happen! :D

Member for

12 years 2 months

I fear this will be the last we see of her, something tells me deep inside that I wish it had remained undiscovered.

Thoughts go out to the pilots' fate.