SPOTTED 2014

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 9 months

Jet provost over Oundle heading SW

Member for

24 years 3 months

Jet provost over Oundle heading SW

I think this was one out of North Weald as it flew over the house a couple of hours ago.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Scanner stopped on the Red Arrows frequency this morning, they were in transit to somewhere.
Anyone know where they were off to ? Couldn't have been too far away as only using small indoor antenna.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Reds are heading down to Akrotiri in Cyprus for the next 2 months for their annual work up.

Member for

24 years 3 months

P-51 N167F (ex SHF 'Old Crow') en route from Shoreham to Chalgrove just after 3 PM.

Cheers

Paul

Member for

15 years 3 months

P-51 N167F (ex SHF 'Old Crow') en route from Shoreham to Chalgrove just after 3 PM.

Cheers

Paul

This made me rush outside at Farnborough, lovely sound.Any idea why Chalgrove, not the most common place to go to?

Member for

24 years 3 months

This made me rush outside at Farnborough, lovely sound.

Me too!

Looked like the pilot was having fun! :)

Any idea why Chalgrove, not the most common place to go to?

Not sure, (heard him tell Farnborough he was en route there), and the live traffic movement page on the Shoreham Airport site listed Chalgrove as the destination.

Couldn't make out if it was in it's new scheme (112 Sqn??) but as you say, it sounded nice!

Cheers

Paul

Member for

15 years 6 months

Apache over Ampthill a few minutes ago heading north-east-ish.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Me too!

Looked like the pilot was having fun! :)

Not sure, (heard him tell Farnborough he was en route there), and the live traffic movement page on the Shoreham Airport site listed Chalgrove as the destination.

Couldn't make out if it was in it's new scheme (112 Sqn??) but as you say, it sounded nice!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks, it was still in the USAAF green and silver scheme.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Reds are heading down to Akrotiri in Cyprus for the next 2 months for their annual work up.

Ah right, I knew they go there every year, but didn't know when.

Member for

24 years 3 months

One of them Apache things was circling over the area - me running around looking for my camera maybe caught their eye!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5S-UuAA4knQ/UzreHnrHKoI/AAAAAAAAA5M/XudRAztAEqE/s1600/P4010548.jpg

Member for

11 years 4 months

White UH-1 "Huey" over Heywood near Rochdale at 12:20, think its the first time i've seen one flying in the flesh! :D

Member for

14 years 4 months

Alpha Jet just gone over South Oxford, heading East at about 500-1000ft. Not your everyday sighting!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Yesterday near Chichester, I certainly did a double take when I drove in to this industrial park![ATTACH=CONFIG]226949[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years 6 months

Spotted - nothing, zilch, nada.
Heard my first cuckoo of Spring about a month ago, seen butterflies in abundance in the garden, had the first fly of the year in the house and the wasps from the nest behind the fascia board are trying to get into my bedroom. Seen a Red Kite over the local airfield, and a couple of dead pheasants in the road.
But nothing interesting aeronautical. Where is everything ?

Edit - just remembered that earlier in the week a Gazelle flew over my house - don't see many of them round my way, and this was rather unusual in that it had what appeared to be a civilian colour scheme (white or pale yellow upper, darker below).

Member for

11 years 6 months

OV-10 Bronco - heading NE off North Kent coast. Might Tony have been visiting Manston??:eek:

Member for

18 years 1 month

I passed two Chinook fusalages on the back of a couple of trucks this afternoon heading north on A34 (if my memory serves). I tried to get serials but as passing on opposite carriageway at 80 I couldn't read them clearly.

Member for

15 years 6 months

Didn't see it, but heard a Chinook in the Ampthill vicinty yesterday around 16:00, and saw a Pitts-esque looking biplane over north Luton at 17:50.

Friday 11-4-14 about 5pm P51 Mustang east to west over Bagshot.

Not technicaly or actually a Classic or Vintage but :-

Monday 14-4-14 about 2pm A Titan P-51 Mustang Flew Right over the Workshop here at Wing Farm in Wiltshire today at about 2000 feet, going South to North. Noisy little BU66ER it was too !!

Member for

17 years 11 months

Some YAK52 formations over the River Chelmer near Chelmsford today, formation school out of North Weald I guess?