SPOTTED 2014

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 5 months

This Spitfire over Ampthill a little while ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227418[/ATTACH]
Lovely.

Attachments

Member for

14 years

“Knife-75” one of the tilt-wing Osprey’s from Mildenhall paid a visit to Southend this afternoon at 1438hrs.
USAF serial as 11-0059 it returned to Mildenhall via the East Coast.

I was working close to Southend Airport today.................and I missed it !!!! :apologetic:

Anyone get a picture ?

Member for

20 years

I passed two Chinook fusalages on the back of a couple of trucks this afternoon heading north on A34 (if my memory serves). I tried to get serials but as passing on opposite carriageway at 80 I couldn't read them clearly.

They were ZA684 & ZA713 IIRC.

Member for

18 years 1 month

They were ZA684 & ZA713 IIRC.

Member for

12 years 9 months

I saw this Yak 18 pass over my house in Southend this afternoon. Anyone know the reg?

Attachments

Member for

12 years 9 months

MV-22 Osprey seen heading North, over Lincoln, at about 18:30 hours last night.

Very distinctive shape and sound.

Member for

14 years

One of these maybe, an email I received yesterday afternoon.

"...It went out over the North Sea and then returned overhead the airport (Southend)
before turn NE towards Bradwell and then got a rollicking for infringing the restricted airspace around
Bradwell Power Station and even after that, the pilot still had to check with radar if he was clear of the
restricted area... Perhaps the yanks don’t know how to read aero-charts... !!!

He then flew towards Wattisham and came a tad close to an S.A.R SeaKing, but then proceeded to land at
Woodbridge for a short while, before getting airborne towards Lakenheath/Mildenhall.

It’s been airborne most of the afternoon since and is currently at 5000’ along with 11-0057
(the other “Knife”) somewhere in East Anglia..."

Member for

19 years 5 months

Does anybody know if there is a Bulldog flying in the modern black / yellow training scheme ? I thought I saw one going into Turweston yesterday.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Does anybody know if there is a Bulldog flying in the modern black / yellow training scheme ? I thought I saw one going into Turweston yesterday.

At first I thought 'yes' when I found this but then I noticed American reg. http://www.warbirdalley.com/images/bulldog-N689BD.jpg

Member for

19 years 5 months

Thank you for that. It is strange because that looks exactly right.
It was followed by another in the red / white scheme.

Also, while I am posting in this thread. BBMF Lancaster distracting me while working in Coningsby today :)

over west suffolk heading east 10 minutes ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227469[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Playing cricket near Swindon yesterday, a lot of gliding activity going on in the distance, noted a couple of times an older style glider all over yellow with a red nose, no idea what.

One or the other Skyvan still trundling porcinely round Kidlington (all-over dark blue).

Last weekend a Jungmann flew very low and slow over North Oxford heading South down Port Meadow - so low and slow I was waiting for it to try to land! An interesting comparison to the next aircraft that came over - a Globemaster II heading into Brize!

Adrian

Playing cricket near Swindon yesterday, a lot of gliding activity going on in the distance, noted a couple of times an older style glider all over yellow with a red nose, no idea what.

http://www.swindongliding.co.uk/phpfusion/viewpage.php?page_id=7

this one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227538[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yesterday, saw the Beech Staggerwing fying North over Salisbury. Looked like the beautiful yellow one owned (still?) by TFC

Member for

18 years 1 month

Yesterday, saw the Beech Staggerwing fying North over Salisbury. Looked like the beautiful yellow one owned (still?) by TFC

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227543[/ATTACH]
I saw it too whilst visiting Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm at about 12.50.
Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

Spifire just heading west over Coulsdon side of Kenley... probably departed from Biggin...?

Member for

12 years 9 months

Spitfire TA805 is out and about so it's probably that one.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Has TA805 currently got D-Day stripes? It was just a touch too high and silhouetted against a slate grey sky for me to be 100% sure... and she sounded a tad rough too...

Member for

20 years 9 months

She has just come back straight over the house & towards Kenley at around 1000ft heading back East towards Biggin... and I couldn't see any stripes...

Member for

24 years 2 months

What looked like a Miles Messenger flew over early this morning. Nice sight to see.