SPOTTED 2014

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

cheers WP840

Member for

11 years 5 months

Sure it was a King Air retreating north over Herne Bay earlier today.

Member for

19 years

What looked like a Miles Messenger flew over early this morning. Nice sight to see.

Probably G-AKVZ en route Sywell. Returned via North Weald this afternoon. Pictures on link below at North Weald.

Duxman

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64209520@N05/

Member for

24 years 2 months

Probably G-AKVZ en route Sywell. Returned via North Weald this afternoon. Pictures on link below at North Weald.

Duxman

Thanks Duxman.

DC3 C-FTGI currently heading NNw to SSE passing Reading at 15000 feet on Flight Radar 24.

Interesting apendages on the aircraft too.

Member for

20 years

DC3 C-FTGI currently heading NNw to SSE passing Reading at 15000 feet on Flight Radar 24.

Interesting apendages on the aircraft too.

''
C-FTGI is owned by Bell Geospace (based in Houston, Texas and in Aberdeen, Scotland) and operated worldwide by a Canadian operator. C-FTGI is a Basler BT-67, originally a DC-3 built in 1944 but modified and modernized by Basler Turbo in 2008. The aircraft is configured for exploration geophysical survey work with a permanently installed Full Tensor Gravity Gradiometer (FTG) manufactured by Lockheed Martin.

The FTG is entirely passive i.e. it does not produce any emissions apart from those associated with normal electrical power usage. The system is powered continuously and therefore requires reliable mains power (120V or 240V) while the aircraft is parked.

Survey flights are conducted at low-level (nominally 80m above ground) by two pilots and one or two survey technicians. Because the equipment is sensitive to turbulence sorties are, depending on weather conditions, generally flown in calm conditions in the early morning and/or late afternoon amounting to 4-8 hours per day.''

http://www.aerocanada.com/bt-67/c-ftgi/Airborne%20Survey%20Aircraft%20BT-67%20C-FTGI.htm

Excellent Reply, Thanks.

I guess its on a repositioning flight if at that altitude.

Regards
Mark

Member for

15 years 5 months

Fast jet heard over Bedford at around 19:45 this evening. Anyone know what it was?

Edit: Looking on another forum, it appears to have been Tornado ZA405.

Member for

15 years 11 months

Has anyone any idea what I've just been watching over rural Herefordshire for the past hour tonight? Low level fast jet circling over Yarkhill/Sutton St Nicholas area doing what looked like high speed diving engagements over Ledbury/Malvern way (QinetiQ trials maybe?). All very unusual for 10pm over the sleepy shire, beats the usual Herc, Merlin and Wokka action!

Member for

19 years 6 months

Sounds like a Forward Air Controller Exercise. They use Hawks up here.

Two Sea Harriers at Yeovilton today :)

Member for

11 years 2 months

As I was walking home just now around 15:45 I'm fairly sure a P47 circled really low over head, I thought it was a T-6 at first till I noticed the front was more oval shaped and it had a fuel tank under each wing, yellow around the engine and the rest I think was green with grey underneath and USAF under one wing, but I didn't think there were any p47's flying in the UK at the moment? Whatever it was was certainly chunky and had a beautiful throaty engine! I'm in Newport S/Wales.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Mark IX spitfire just passed my office window in Wokingham. Made my day, especially as I can't see much from here. Looks to be doing a display over Eashampstead Park? what awonderful way to spend 10 minutes at work. An appetite wetter for the months to come...

Talking of which, anyone know of any dates for the West Tisted fly-in, in Hampshire?

Member for

17 years 10 months

As I was walking home just now around 15:45 I'm fairly sure a P47 circled really low over head, I thought it was a havard at first till I noticed the front was more oval shaped and it had a fuel tank under each wing, yellow around the engine and the rest I think was green, but I didn't think there were any p47's flying in the UK at the moment? Whatever it was was certainly chunky and had a beautiful throaty engine! I'm in Newport S/Wales.

Do not think we have a P47 flying here in the UK at the moment,

Member for

24 years 2 months

Looks probable - it was a long way off, but closer to this than the other one on their site!

Adrian

Member for

14 years 6 months

Whilst at Princes Risborough, Bucks today 2 Yak 52,s, Shorts Skyvan in dark colour scheme I thought it used to be white and also the previously mentioned Spitfire. Good Day. Looking forward to see what tomorrow brings!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yak? spotted passing Gunby, E. Lincs 3:36pm routing South East..

Clive.

Member for

11 years 2 months

Do not think we have a P47 flying here in the UK at the moment,
well that's what I thought, curious....

Member for

24 years 2 months

Shorts Skyvan in dark colour scheme I thought it used to be white

Mentioned upthread a few times (mostly by me...). I've had a look at airliners.net and there's a photo of G-BEOL taken in March in white/blue livery, so I reckon that G-PIGY must have had a paint job. She flew over about 7.15 this evening heading West to East, very low, with the rear door open - not her usual modus operandi!

Adrian