Mignet Flying Flea G-AFFI

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 5 months

Thanks for the update, Blue - keep her warm for the Winter in readiness for her Spring outing!!;)

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

"I'm thinking I'll start by building a mockup fuselage out of cardboard - I need to see if I fit before I try it for real! " - I recently did, and I do! Very pleasing!

Blue, has the Flea taken a backseat since you became involved with the Meteor?

Member for

16 years 7 months

Now that has to initiate a demand for a photograph, K5054NZ - so that I can forward it to a friend who is so anti-pou that seeing a pou de ciel en carton probably will render him apoplectic!

It's a great shame that because of the greed of photobucket we've lost all the fascinating photos hitherto posted by Blue_2.

Member for

16 years 7 months

I like that - and I'm glad to see that you've already got in store the material to build a whole squadron of cardboard poux!

Member for

14 years 1 month

She has taken a back seat, since 788 came into my life.
Tucked safely in the hangar she is in no danger of deterioration and I am keeping an eye on her!
But yes, reversing 50 years of corrosion on the outdoor dwelling NF is currently a far higher priority...

Member for

12 years

Let´s hope 788 will not take the backseat, too.

Member for

14 years 1 month

No chance of that. I have spent most of the last 3 weeks' leave from my paid job working on 788...

Member for

14 years 1 month

I have some Flea news! Since I got busy with WS788 I have not had chance to pay any attention to G-AFFI sadly. She has been safe in the hangar, tucked away under the wing of the Halifax where, apart from getting some oil dripped on her by the bomber, she was safe.

Now, she has emerged, been de-winged, and is now in the hands of the chaps who run our SE5 and Kitten who are restarting the work to return the little beast to life!

https://i.postimg.cc/fTty9Y1Z/73358307-726626377805142-977831862795763712-n.jpg

I know 'AFFI gathered a bit of a following on here, so I'll share what news I can, when I can, from the chaps now seeing to her needs.

Member for

11 years 3 months

Lovely thanks! Nice to hear she's not been forgotten. Look forward to hearing your updates on her progress :)

Member for

15 years 9 months

Now there's a welcome thread resurrection! Wonderful news, I'm glad to hear an update.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Splendid news. Whilst I know she won't fly, let's hope that, eventually, she can do what poux do best - and make hops along the runway disproportionate to her size!

p.s. how is your cardboard pou coming on, K5054NZ?

Member for

15 years 9 months

It served its purpose and was retired shortly after the photos were taken - I just wanted to see if I could fit in one built per the original drawings as I'm not a small boy! Good news was, I could. One day I may do it in wood, we shall see.

In the meantime I'm glad to have the 'FFI thread back up and running for my Pou fix!

Member for

14 years 1 month

As and when I get updates from the chaps on her now, I'll happily share on here. I still have a vested interest in the little beast!

Member for

16 years 7 months

Anything new to report concerning your colleagues' work on the Pou, Blue_2?

Member for

14 years 1 month

Not as far as I'm aware. She's on display over in the HP building next to the Anson, awaiting some engine work I believe.