Black Mike F4 Phantom fund

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

Sorry to hear.:apologetic:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe it's time to wait for the group to issue a statement rather than making a statement regards the person concerned.

Member for

18 years 2 months

They have David, I'll paste it across from Facebook later tonight.

Member for

17 years 5 months

If donations have been solicited for a certain task and have been diverted elsewhere without contacting and getting agreement from those donators, surely that is fraud and a serious crime that also carries serious penalties?

Member for

24 years 2 months

History repeating itself. Didn't the same thing happen to an early Vulcan appeal? (Pre-dating, and nothing to do with, VTTS)

Moggy

Member for

18 years 9 months

.....and the Victor at St Mawgan. Ended up as 'just' the cockpit because of it.

Baz

Member for

14 years 2 months

Any news or updates anyone?

Member for

9 years 6 months

Who is Matthew Wilkes? Has anybody ever come across him before?

Member for

17 years 5 months

Maybe it's time to wait for the group to issue a statement rather than making a statement regards the person concerned.

Still waiting for the statement.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Ahhhhhhh

No update as yet gents. It would appear that the bid by the BPAG was changed at the last moment to try and acquire the aircraft for another unrelatred group. The aforementioned Matthew Wilkes seems to of changed the gofundme page details at the last second then took the page off line.

Based on what's been written on the facebook page for the BPAG, It looks like he has taken all the money donated for himself to try and fund getting the aircraft moved to another museum. This was without the knowledge or support of any of the other members of the BPAG, and to that end, I believe the matter has been passed is currently under investigation by the police.

I appriciate that there are 2 sides to every story, but he has yet to respond to any of the questions being asked of him.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/548560-help-save-phantom-2.html

Member for

14 years 2 months

Don't know the guy, neither do I have any inside information.

However quite often those under investigation receive legal advise not to say anything or make public statements until after investigations have been completed by the authorities. Just a possible explanation as to the silence?

Member for

17 years 4 months

.....Just a possible explanation as to the silence?

Or he's sitting on a tropical beach, drinking c*cktails and laughing at the gullible...!!!

Member for

9 years 6 months

Or he's sitting on a tropical beach, drinking c*cktails and laughing at the gullible...!!!

Surely any project that asks for donations requires a level of gullibility from donors? In other words, you are investing money because you wish to see an aircraft restored. There is the risk that you don't donate enough, or that those in charge are shysters. Who audits these organisations? I could set up a Kickstarter campaign tomorrow and claim I was going to recover the Gannet from the long grass at RAF Errol... it doesn't mean its going to happen.

Member for

17 years 11 months

Surely any project that asks for donations requires a level of gullibility from donors? In other words, you are investing money because you wish to see an aircraft restored. There is the risk that you don't donate enough, or that those in charge are shysters. Who audits these organisations? I could set up a Kickstarter campaign tomorrow and claim I was going to recover the Gannet from the long grass at RAF Errol... it doesn't mean its going to happen.

No one audits groups like that unless they are proper museums (like UAS or the BCWM) that play to the rules to hold the charitable status. I asked some questions to the chairman of the group and got snappy answers back like "why ask probing questions?" I never bothered to ask what the relationship with them and Wilkes was. He probably said "I have done this and that" and they replied "Will you do this for us?" . Doubt anything was in writing with a signature, hope there is an e-mail trail to link everything together.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Eleven grand wouldn't even buy him a decent getaway car, meanwhile what is happening with the Aircraft, is is still ok?

Member for

13 years 6 months

Yes the aorcraft is still ok. It's still currently sat in a HAS at RAF Leuchars.

There will be an official update on here later today/tomorrow.

Member for

17 years 8 months

No one audits groups like that unless they are proper museums (like UAS or the BCWM) that play to the rules to hold the charitable status. I asked some questions to the chairman of the group and got snappy answers back like "why ask probing questions?" I never bothered to ask what the relationship with them and Wilkes was. He probably said "I have done this and that" and they replied "Will you do this for us?" . Doubt anything was in writing with a signature, hope there is an e-mail trail to link everything together.

As said the UAS are a registered charity. However it's maybe open to debate whether they're a museum yet as you can only visit by prior appointment, and the hangar they're in is owned by the NI government. From my perspective they're basically a private collection and unlike Bentwaters they're not an accredited museum. A pedantic point maybe, but I think worth clarifying.

Member for

17 years 11 months

As said the UAS are a registered charity. However it's maybe open to debate whether they're a museum yet as you can only visit by prior appointment, and the hangar they're in is owned by the NI government. From my perspective they're basically a private collection and unlike Bentwaters they're not an accredited museum. A pedantic point maybe, but I think worth clarifying.

Thanks Airfixtwin for putting me right, however as a charity, money going in, cannot disappear as easily like the case of Mr Wilkes.

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Maybe he's trying to find Amos so they can return to haunt the Woolpack Inn........:D

Geoff.

Profile picture for user Phantom Phil

Member for

16 years 4 months

Latest as per the Chairman:

Sam Thompson

17 June at 14:15

TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT

In light of recent events, it has been decided to produce a statement detailing the measures that have been/in the process of being put in place, in order to prevent such events repeating themselves.

Fundraising -

Any future fundraising will be created and run/overseen by at least one member of the management committee. Currently those involved with fundraising are as follows:

- David Butterfield
- Sam Thompson
- Phillip Moore
- Justyn Keeble

Collectively we will have access to all fundraising pages and accounts. Where possible we will impose a multiple signatory’s culture.

All funds will go either directly to the groups’ bank account or via a fund raising page, controlled as stated above, then into the groups’ bank account.

Bank Account -

The British F4 Phantom Aviation Group currently banks with the Unity Trust Bank, based in Birmingham. The group plans to continue banking with them for the foreseeable future.

Each month we will make available a statement of account status. This will detail the group’s current balance, as well as incomings and outgoings.

With the relative infancy of the group’s bank account, there are currently two signatories on the account. These are:

- David Butterfield
- Sam Thompson

In time, the number of signatories will increase to include all relevant members of the committee. The result of which will be made public.

There is a system in place within the account with the bank for the amount of signatures required from the signatories in order to process transactions of above certain limits.

For transactions over £3000, we will publish details of the transaction with any relevant supporting documents.

Sincerely,

Sam Thompson

General Secretary
The British F4 Phantom Aviation Group