Spitfire Project for Sale EBAY

Member for

13 years 5 months

>>>>>>SPITFIRE PROJECT<<<<<< Comment? Mods feel free to move but I thought it may need a separate thread
Original post

Member for

13 years 5 months

Sorry may be an ad for parts
Profile picture for user stuart gowans

Member for

13 years 9 months

It's that borough of Lambeth replica cockpit, (again) and a few miscellaneous bits; not sure of the origin of the engine though
Profile picture for user Mark12

Member for

19 years 9 months

It's that borough of Lambeth replica cockpit, (again) and a few miscellaneous bits;
Some images are and some clearly are not, the shot with the pallet and a few wing bits for example. The engine is not mounted on a Spitfire bearer. I would suggest a combination of image/projects P8088 and P8208 as they were known in 2011 (Volume I of the boo.) Mark
Profile picture for user Fouga23

Member for

13 years 9 months

That, or it's a scam artist
Profile picture for user 43-2195

Member for

7 years 5 months

The seller has only one feedback, claims 100% Positive Feedback and is asking £250,000. It's right up there with the $7,000,000 upfront for your choice of a Greenland P-38 , offered on ebay in July.

Member for

5 years 3 months

For those intent on obtaining a Spitfire project, £250,000 spent wisely elsewhere will yield you a substantial selection of useable parts towards a project, rather than a pile of essentially scrap wreckage of little use beyond a conversation-piece.

Member for

19 years 9 months

That, or it's a scam artist
I think the clue is in the engine and the business address. ;) Mark
Profile picture for user Fouga23

Member for

13 years 9 months

Care to explain? I'm from abroad and more of a jet gal. Is it a meteor or something?

Member for

6 years 1 month

Will all stop being precious and offer a link so we can all look at the evilbay post?
Profile picture for user snafu

Member for

6 years 2 months

Clue is in the first post, where it says >>>>>>SPITFIRE PROJECT<<<<<<...
Profile picture for user Consul

Member for

15 years 1 month

Hope it's clicked :highly_amused:

Member for

13 years 11 months

Look at the other items he's selling for more info, in particular the 911. The feed back I think is from himself, can you do that?! If you find his website he's an accomplished motor cycle restorer who fancies moving on to Spitfires and the like.
Profile picture for user PanzerJohn

Member for

11 years 2 months

The photo of the airframe with the front resting on a pallet looks Me 109ish, the motors the wrong way up for Spit.

Member for

19 years 9 months

So a Hurricane engine in situ and what looks to to be a 109 wing. This man needs a marketing strategist. Mark

Member for

11 years 8 months

So a Hurricane engine in situ and what looks to to be a 109 wing. This man needs a marketing strategist. Mark
:-)

Member for

10 years 8 months

Some of the pics come from other sites, not sure what to make of it. I think the front fuselage on pallets is a YAK the pic comes from here 4th row from bottom on projects page: http://legendaryaircraft.hellobit.hu/projects/
Profile picture for user MerlinPete

Member for

13 years 8 months

It's that borough of Lambeth replica cockpit, (again) and a few miscellaneous bits; not sure of the origin of the engine though
I can confirm that the Borough of Lambeth Spitfire cockpit is definitely not for sale again. Pete
Profile picture for user pimpernel

Member for

19 years 9 months

In post one just click on Spitfire Project, it's a link that takes you to evilbay.
Profile picture for user wieesso

Member for

13 years 1 month

Have you seen this model/replica/something hanging from the ceiling? The photo is from his facebook site... Martin