RAF West Raynham Advice on Proposed Visit.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 1 month

I am hoping to visit here one more time as I had a memorable week here on an ATC Camp back in the late 70s.
Poor health that is worsening means in the near future I will have to cease driving so I aim to visit soon.
Knowing that the Airfield site is in private hands I was wondering does anyone know of whom to approach, or any recent experiences in visiting the site.
I do know that various groups unconected with Aviation have more or less wanderd about unchallenged, mainly, but as I live a considerable distance from West Raynham I would not want to go all that way to be chucked off site as an intruder with possible legal ramifications.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Chris.

Original post

Member for

16 years 5 months

Hi Chris, you could ask to join the RAF West Raynham Facebook group who recently managed to raise the necessary funds from donations and sales of badges etc to erect a very fitting memorial there, and who from time to time have strictly controlled walkabouts for associated members. But the site itself is privately owned and now strictly off limits for members of the public without prior permission.
Hope that helps.

Rob

Member for

16 years 7 months

Stratosphere let me know when you hope to visit. If your passing near Bury St Edmunds I would be pleased to fly you up to West Raynham, and conduct an aerial tour.

Member for

10 years 1 month

Wyvernfan (Rob) Thank you for the info on West Raynham, most helpfull.
Tango Charlie, Thank you for your most generous offer and I hope to be in touch in the not too distant future.
Best Wishes.
Chris.