F4F en route to England??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

MJ please could you let me/our readers know what FJs are? Because Ihnfi.

Its very easy

FJ = Fast Jets

Edit: of the 15 F-4Js, we got there are 2 left and Duxford has 1 the other is just about clinging on at Manston (at least they don't burn aircraft now)!

Tim

Member for

10 years 2 months

Spoilsport - we were getting excited… a secret shed full of F-4Js :)

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hmmmmmm I wish.

Meanwhile something related that seems to have gone largely unnoticed :apologetic:

The USAF shot down the 315th and last QF-4 from Tyndall last month on the 57th anniversary of the types first flight, all the remaining dozen QFs have transferred to Hollowman AFB NM for another 2 years and by the time they retire them in 2017 The shiny new QF jet will be on scene.

You know your getting older when they start shooting down F-16Cs converted to QF-16s :eek:

Tim S

Member for

19 years 9 months

As one who always beleived this to be possible, be interesting to see what happens - do HHA have a contract in mind (The Buccaneer was always toalked about in connection with the Type 45/Aster development, but never so far used) or is it just a speculative acquisition to give them a supersonic capacity that's more 'useable' than their Su-22.

Member for

10 years 2 months

The USAF shot down the 315th and last QF-4 from Tyndall last month

I posted a photo about this on the Aeroplane Icons Twitter page last week :)

Do please "Follow" our page. Not much babble, mostly photographs, some of which will hopefully be of interest :)

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

So I'm guessing this thread is (meant to be) about an F-4F Phantom, as opposed to an F4F Wildcat??

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, the Wildcat is in storage at Old Warden, this is about a Phantom :)

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

Ah! The title of the thread really had me confused!

Also, I'd forgotten about the Wildcatlet....