Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi Alan

have sent you a PM

John

Member for

5 years 9 months

Just wondered if anyone can help identify this piece of Me 109.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 3 months

Hi Old Towzer,

For the last 4 years and 10 months this thread has been dedicated to the treasures (?) from my garage: I never intended it to be open house for anyone else's old tat.

I'll appeal to a Mod. to remove your post and perhaps start it in its own thread.

No offence!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Hi John, and "yes" in answer to your p.m.

I think its in the back of the van, awaiting an actual 'jumble!

Member for

16 years 11 months

Thanks Alan

can you let me know via PM how much you want for it?

thanks

John

Member for

5 years 9 months

Good afternoon AM,

My apologies. No offence taken, please feel to remove. 

Old Towzer.

Member for

5 years 9 months

Sorry, meant to say 'please feel free to remove'

Member for

16 years 3 months

Two engine control boxes of the same type.   One has rather better levers than the other but both castings are corroded - one is a bit more intact though!

Not sure of the version that this box represents.  The switch/button housing on the starboard throttle lever is a nice addition and probably a clue?  I like the way the bakelite knob has been modified to provide a route for the electic cable.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 6 months

Very interesting. The quadrants look Beaufighter to me - but the canted forward levers look unusual!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Not 'fighter, but close again!

Beaufort Mk.I, the clue being in the number of mixture levers, i.e. the Mk. II (Twin Wasp) had two.

I thought the push switch housing might denote a particular version but the manual says it is for dropping bombs or torpedoes, so a universal fitment.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 6 months

Ah yes of course, Beaufort, obviously! At least I was sure it was Bristol.

I’d gladly give those a home.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Thanks for that Rob, I'll be in touch.

Just for comparison, here's the throttle box from a Mk. II Beaufort, with Twin Wasp engines.    I don't think this one is from "that" yard ; I bought it at an aerojumble a few years ago.  It has obviously spent time exposed to the elements but is in a much better state of preservation - I suspect it may have come from Australia.

Lastly, here's the "other one".  A very poorly Beaufighter box, in need of much tlc!

Attachments

Member for

16 years 6 months

I hadn’t even realised there was a difference in Throttle boxes between the Taurus and Twin Wasp engined Beauforts. But I guess that’s what part of this thread is all about - education 😊.

And thanks for the comparison with the Beaufighter box. It certainly looks poorly, but with winter now just around the corner..!

Member for

4 years 6 months

everyday is a school day 👍

Member for

16 years 3 months

Back with some more stuff.

Another partial column top and yoke.  This one bears a Dunlop Part No.

Attachments

Member for

16 years 3 months

A set of rudder pedals.  These came as a bit of a surprise as I found them at the back of the "other garage" (the one whose treasures have barely yet featured on this thread).  No idea how they got there!

Attachments

Member for

16 years 3 months

Just about the heaviest item yet to feature on this thread.  Had it years, no idea what it might be other than Fairey made it.  Any ideas?

Attachments

Member for

16 years 3 months

A hydraulic valve.  There's a fair chance I could pin this one down by consulting my own records but they are not to hand and someone might be able to spare me the effort?

Attachments

Member for

16 years 11 months

well the Fairey item looks like a filter bowl assy but other than that no idea

John

Member for

16 years 6 months

I’m probably barking up the wrong cockpit but that partial control yoke and column has an Armstrong Whitworth look about it, but the yoke seems to be a flat design rather than dished!?