Provost T1 WW388 (7616M)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 10 months

Thank you AgCat for putting my mind at rest after more than 35 years. I only typed that last paragraph as an afterthought. Another mystery solved by this illustrious forum. I personally have never heard of GI airframe flying under that serial. Perhaps someone else can enlighten us.

If anyone is in the area of the Lincolnshire Film Archive, Boston, ( http://www.lincsfilm.co.uk/listings/listing541560.html ), they have the following film available for viewing:

543 THE QUEEN AT CRANWELL
Cranwell (RAF) 1970
1.25 min Colour 16mm Silent
H.M. The Queen visits the RAF College at Cranwell (12 June 1970) to mark its 50th Anniversary.

Member for

10 years 1 month

Many thanks Wulfie. PM sent.

Member for

18 years 2 months

There are no pictures of WW388 amongst the N Franklin items in the NAM Archive - sorry!

However the search has thrown up two pictures: one from May 1987 (at Rhoose) and a second from August 1995 - might these be of any interest?

Member for

10 years 1 month

That's really helpful of you. Yes I most certainly would be interested. Thank you.

Member for

18 years 2 months

I'll scan them up this evening.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Two scans from photographs of WW388 from the Newark Air Museum Archive - thanks to the Curator for locating them! :)

Attachments

Member for

10 years 1 month

Thank you very much for doing this for me. It looks as though they were in the process of repainting it? I spent hundreds of hours on this plane over the years to bring it up to a better standard. I had a lot of fun with it. These pictures certainly bring back happy memories of WW388. Let’s see what happens. Many thanks for sharing them here… I appreciate your time and kindness.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Glad that the photographs came through OK George and thank you for the donation to NAM funds, it is much appreciated. :)

Member for

10 years 1 month

Bruce - as promised - an update. All leads went quiet but thank you for all your help to contact the current owners.
I have no doubt that they will do an excellent job with its restoration.
My kind regards to you all.

Member for

4 years 3 months

George , please contact me regards WV388

Member for

4 years 3 months

Sorry my Typo, WW388 

Member for

9 years 5 months

WW453. Thank you for your post here. Intriguing. Unfortunately there isn't a link associated with you to PM. 

Could you PM me and then we can connect?

Thank you.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Some years on - the aircraft appears to have been part of the collection of Provosts and parts that went up for auction last year, but was then pulled. I'd be interested in acquiring the parts if anyone knows the current status?

Member for

4 years 3 months

George H 

you also have no contact link,  please try my this email

bombsgone41@gmail.com