Reevers acquires bomber gun turret - possibly from WW2 veteran RAAF bomber

Read the forum code of contact

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 10 months

Be interested to know what's happening with it?

Out of interest I have just gone to the Reevers Warbirds - Australia Facebook page. No activity since October last year with the advice they were selling their B-17 and A-26 inventory and changing the public FB page to a private group...which as of today has 103 members. I've applied to join as I'm curious about the various Spitfire projects registered to them and their principal. as well as the B-25.

Member for

8 years 2 months

The remains of the FN4 found in Aus ended up back in the UK I believe, cant remember who and where though, is/was displayed in these pics last that I'm aware of. I followed this closely as would of made a good matching pair with my early Sunderland nose turret. There was a FN4 control column showed up not that long ago here in Aus also, so parts still out there.

Attachments

Member for

18 years 5 months

Well, whoever's got it have their work cut out. The Ulster Aviation Society one was more or less complete though corroded, a lot of man hours needed.

Member for

4 years

I think Brendan had a pretty good list of Spitfires surviving in Australia...

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 10 months

I should've said, "curious about the current state" of them but I have no doubt Brenden can educate me fairly quickly!

Member for

4 years

Spitfire jigs in the country are pretty limited and parts are getting ridiculously rare at the moment..